Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

Post subject: dragons and other animals
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i have a gift of not having good names for threads. this has always been the case. anyway, this thread is about how dragons would interact with other animals.

how do you think it would work out? would dragons, for example, form symbiotic relationships with anything? which animals?

do you think there are any animals in particular that dragons would be more likely to hate?

answers could vary depending on how you interpret dragons and things like their geographical location, or their attitude / personality. my own thoughts are below. the rest of this post is just my reply.

i shall be replying based on western dragons* that would live in a place like Africa - i imagine dragons would just avoid most of the bigger creatures here unless they were particularly hungry or were being threatened or something. giraffes would probably be afraid of dragons. i literally can't imagine dragons and hippos interacting at all. maybe dragons would hunt them?

maybe with some insects, a symbiotic relationship could work out. they could protect dragons from something or the other, in return for dragons eating things that prey on insects. this entire reply is off the top of my head, and if there is one thing i'm not, it's a biologist. but that's okay, it's an internet forum. what do you think about this matter?

* that don't have any particular elemental associations, so no ice dragons or anything.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: dragons and other animals
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

As with most things related to dragons it depends on what kind of dragon. I would imagine it being on top or near the top of the food chain with no predators. Unless it is herbivore, at which it probably couldn't care less about other animals.

Offline Profile