Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 am

Post subject: Dragons and Senses
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:12 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Over all, Let's finally debate on how the Dragon's senses would be like.

How would a Dragon's smell, tongue/taste, hearing, eyesight, and their sense of touch be. How Strong/weak will their senses be, how much will they rely on those senses. and as for taste how would a Dragon's tongue be if the Dragon is going to be breathing fire?

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dragons and Senses
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

A dragon would have the sense of smell similar to the bloodhound, able to track down the smell of its prey from miles. Hunting both from the air and from the ground. Having the sight of a hawk, able to spot an animal from three miles away. It can hear your heart beat while soaring several hundred feet above you. And it's sense of touch is so sensitive it can feel the pressure wave of an object hurling towards it. It's mere sight means certain death for all that sees it. No man has ever witnessed one and survived to tell the tale. But breathing fire? There once was a time where fire was seen upon a good thing. A shining light. Clearly such a fearsome beast would not need to display any acts, as the mere presence is enough to invoke terror in the eyes of any creature alive.

Last edited by Sivert3 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dragons and Senses
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i assume a dragon's sense of smell would be good, it would pretty much have to be really good to survive in the wild. i'm thinking my dog's nose. maybe better, maybe worse, probably not the latter. the tongue... hm. maybe with firebreathing dragons, the tongue doesn't touch the fire, it goes too far down in the mouth, and the fire, coming out quickly, just goes past it? i'd hate to be the dragon that messes up on that one, though. taste, assuming nobody's messed up and burned their own tongues off, i guess would be pretty good. not really necessary like smelling/hearing, but it'd still be there.

hearing would have to be good for survival. again, something like my dog. i've also noticed my dog is more attentive to noises, i'll notice that i hear something, but don't really notice it until he starts barking at it. dragons would probably be like that, too; that has to help with hearing things. sense of touch, i'm placing about where it is with humans.

Offline Profile