Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

Post subject: Questionalable origen
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Just trying to get a concensus for ligic minded people.

How strong do yall feel the liklyhood is that mid-evil man created myths for dragons based on dinosaur bones uncovered hundreds of years ago?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Questionalable origen
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:22 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I need to reread up on this before I give a full answer. But I agree with the thought. People trying their best, with the knowledge of the time, to explain things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:57 pm 
Godsin Queen

it's possible, but it still doesn't really explain how more primitive cultures would also have some kind of dragon intergraded into their stories as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:31 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

it is posabul lets not forget all most every cutler has some form of dragon or dragon like mith it could be some type of dino did servive up untill that point or maby just finding bones of them scared pepol in places like china how ever that might not stick as there is a comen alcemacla ingradent called dragon bones thats atuly still realtvily poperly uesed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

The Chinese "dragon bones" have been proven to be dinosaur bones. They asked the people to go get some and they identified them as a known dinosaur.
Link

I see no reason a primitive civilization would not find dinosaur or prehistory large mammal bones. An earthquake or a landslide happens can unearth a large bone that must be explained somehow. And a number of mythic creatures have been explained this way.
Link

Just look at the Dracorex skull. Even knowing it is a dinosaur, I can see how someone would think dragon with it. In fact that is how it got its name. Oddly enough Dracorex hogwartsia meaning "Dragon King of Hogwarts". Yea the Harry Potter Hobwarts.

While yes, it is not a 100% reason behind dragons around the world. It very well may be part of the reason. One of the great things about humans is our ability to make things up. It can be a great story or a new way to look at science. But we are thinkers and dreamers, and the view of a “dragon” may be from somewhere in our physique. And all we need is something unexplained to bring it out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:48 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

some pepol also sugest a dragon is atuly the cumansion of sevral huomn fears primaitve humon fears frome befor we fully evloved like the fear of large birds and fear of serpants i gess fire would be burnd alive and what we cant expalne is used as miths

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 pm 
Cererean Princess

Does this mean Dinosaurs will go down in history as being a myth made up by ancient man based on uncovered Dragon bones?

Calvin and Hobbes comes to mind...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:48 pm 
Matrix Operator

I can't wait to see y'all get devoured when the dragons come out of their British caves and burn the world down. :P

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I doubt that would happen.. but I suppose we could only keep our hopes up lol...

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:12 pm 
Cererean Princess

British caves? If only... if you extend your definition of Britain to cover our former Empire, then maybe. But the British Isles?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:40 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yes, I find this very probable. When I was younger, I found a sandstone chunk in the approximate shape of a dinosaur toe. At my age of five or six, this amazed me. Now, I'm not saying that past cultures where like five year old children, but they didn't have the science or knowledge that we do today. There is a high chance that they had the same reaction to a T-Rex bone. They explained the large bone with stories and theories of what it was, much as we all do today. I'm rambling, so I'll end here. Conclusion: It is very probable that dragons are mistaken dinosaurs.

Offline Profile