Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 am

Post subject: Have you heard of water dragons?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi, fans! First, I'd like to ask you whether you think that "old", well-known mythical creatures are too ordinary already? Like vampires, mermaids, dragons, fairies? I mean they are great, but most of the people are already fed up with them and writers, movie-makers should create new ones? I strive for that in my books, though I use mermaids and dragons too... Yet, mine are water dragons - they live in seas, don't breathe fire, but have the most valuable and precious meat! It could heal any decease, make you life much longer if you eat this meat in your every day ration... Their meat was very valuable and the water dragons' hunters were very weel-paid, though this action was really dangerous, the usual size of a water dragon was more than 20 meters... The only way to catch a water dragon was to smear its back with a speacial, paralyzing mixture of a red herb...
Guess its description sounds better, new? Best wishes to all fans of dragons! Let the wonderful noise of the sea always sounds in your ears! (a greeting of the water dragons' hunters - my 1st Tale Of The Rock Pieces).
http://allanbard.hpage.com

Attachments:
File comment: an illustration from my Tale Of The Rock Pieces.
File0015.jpg
File0015.jpg [ 222.51 KiB | Viewed 7351 times ]

Post subject: Re: Have you heard of water dragons?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Though this may fit better in the artwork thread, this will do fine.

I like the idea you have there. A nice twist on a dragon story. I don't know how far along you are with a description of a full dragon hunting attack. But that will the hard part to make it sound possible. My guess by the image they decoy the dragon and sneak up to it with the red herb substance. A good idea will to make the society use as much of the water dragon's body as they can. For example use the bones for building material and art. And maybe they will treat the dragons with great respect, as part of the cycle of life they will only kill what they need to survive.

The website looks ok, but looks like you need to double check some of the coding.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:41 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

vampirehunter42 wrote:
Though this may fit better in the artwork thread, this will do fine.

I like the idea you have there. A nice twist on a dragon story. I don't know how far along you are with a description of a full dragon hunting attack. But that will the hard part to make it sound possible. My guess by the image they decoy the dragon and sneak up to it with the red herb substance. A good idea will to make the society use as much of the water dragon's body as they can. For example use the bones for building material and art. And maybe they will treat the dragons with great respect, as part of the cycle of life they will only kill what they need to survive.

The website looks ok, but looks like you need to double check some of the coding.

Hi! thanks for comment! Sorry, I'm new here and didn't know I could post my art in the art section...
You are absolutely right ;), the 2 people in front use a bait to distract the dragon, while the other divers smear its back with the mixture. Yes, water dragons' hunters do respect their pray, its very valuable, though most of them are greedy and would do anything for the sake of money... they had been killing the water dragons so greedily that these huge animals finally extincted... Water dragons' hunters are not the main characters in my book, they appear mostly in one chapter, there's a good description of the dangerous hunt. Further, in my next book (The Opposite Of Magic), the hunters use the services of their good friends - the Mountaineers, who wield the Magic and can cut without any pain parts of a dragon's body. That way they replace the missing part with a magical organ and the water dragon continues his life until the new organ regenerates.
Your signature's quote is great! Is it yours? From one of your works? Take care! Best wishes!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:32 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I love water dragons. I don't think they've been overused in stories. The bible talks of the huge leviathan in the water and I find that fascinating.

There's a theory that some dinosaurs became very advanced and went into the earth to create subterranean civilizations. Maybe some of those complexes are underwater also.

Thanks for sharing your ideas. The story will be captivating when you develop it further.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:57 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Elohim Dragon wrote:
I love water dragons. I don't think they've been overused in stories. The bible talks of the huge leviathan in the water and I find that fascinating.

There's a theory that some dinosaurs became very advanced and went into the earth to create subterranean civilizations. Maybe some of those complexes are underwater also.

Thanks for sharing your ideas. The story will be captivating when you develop it further.

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry i respond so late... I'm quite busy with my books, promoting and writing... Glad to know other poepl do like my idea too! thanbks for your information and remindings! LET THE WONDERFUL NOISE OF THE SEA ALWAYS SOUNDS IN YOUR EARS! (a greeting of the water dragons' hunters - my Tale Of The Rock Pieces). And let this poem of mine be a gift for you ;):

Love and happiness will be around,
as all the chains will disappear!
And Mountaineers will climb their mount,
and there won't be any tear!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:21 am 
Wandering Dragon

That sounds like a very interesting story! I like the idea for the new book where the dragons are exploited but with out pain and survive the process. Are the water dragons in your book intelligent? Like, can they communicate with each other?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:21 pm 
Cererean Princess

Quote:
Your signature's quote is great! Is it yours? From one of your works? Take care! Best wishes!

It's Sun-Tzu, writer of The Art of War. He was some Chinese dude.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Blue Tiger wrote:
That sounds like a very interesting story! I like the idea for the new book where the dragons are exploited but with out pain and survive the process. Are the water dragons in your book intelligent? Like, can they communicate with each other?

Thanks for the nice message! Well, the water dragons are intelligent, but cannot speak human language... Of course they can communicate with each other but not in the way we do with our language ;). And their communication is much more perfect than ours... They are not the main characters actually, but maybe in some of my future books they will be... Here's a poem/song of the water dragons' hunters:

The fingers are dirty wit red infusion,
the pots are heavy like stone.
The young hunters come to the conclusion,
that the dragon is big and it's not a foam...

Hope it sounds good? You may see some more info at my links:
http://www.strategicpublishinggroup.com ... ieces.html, http://allanbard.hit.bg, http://allanbard.hpage.com,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yw3a5n00FI, http://allanbard.blogspot.com, http://www.myspace.com/ivan_allanbard, http://www.facebook.comivanstoikov.allanbard

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:06 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

DragonRider wrote:
Quote:

It's Sun-Tzu, writer of The Art of War. He was some Chinese dude.

Thank you for the explanations! I'm really fascinated with good quotes, I think if people listened and think over such good quotes more often, we would live in a better world! Let the wonderful noise of the sea always sounds in your ears! (a greeting of the water dragons' hunters - my Tale Of The Rock Pieces ;)

The first step to correct a mistake is patience. Clone Wars.
You'll never be able to win, unless you defeat yourself first. Samurai Jack.
Oftentimes it's harder to accpet help than offering. Clone Wars.
The one who runs with aggression walks without dignity. Samurai Jack.
It's our choices, far more than our abilities, that show us who we really are. J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.
One could fight money only with money. my Tale Of The Rock Pieces.
To die will be an awfully big adventure. Peter Pan.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering... master Yoda, The Phantom Menace.
Even in the hottest fire there's a bit of water. my The Opposite Of Magic.
If there isn't Santa Claus, the sun won't rise. There will just be a giant ball of hot gasses. Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.
All the problems in the world lead to one - narrow-minded people. my Incredible Future.
http://allanbard.hpage.com

Offline Profile