Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

Post subject: Re: Wingless Dragon?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:24 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Yes, the misidentification thing I totally agree with.
There was a documentary about Loch Ness and the monster. They did a test. They tied a stick, (may have been from a mop), to a rope, and they let it drift out into the loch. When the guy pulled the rope, the stick stuck up. So, now that that was set up, they waited for this tour bus to pull up. Once the tourists were out and looking around, the guy was contacted by walky talky to pull the rope. Most of them saw it, all shocked and explaining what they saw. Then this other guy comes round and gives a piece of paper to each person, to draw what they saw. These people drew in heads and humps, some claiming that they saw the whole body beneath the surface. They pulled the stick up again so everyone could get a proper look, and they were all very surprised.
It goes to show that the mind changes what we see.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:39 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Hehe thank heaven for debunkers. Its best when people begin by trying to prove something wrong (still doing it objectively though). I find the two shows Ghost Hunters and UFO hunters very entertaining. Anyone else watch shows like that?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Mythical speaking they were said to be able to become any element or substance, That they could become Spirits at at will. If so there spirit constructs if to magical for you then call them Living Energy constructs.

It is believed by some humans are evolving to a state of near pure energy.
By some it is believed that is what the soul is.
So Imagine a animal say a Dragon turtle(this is there legend) that in extreme age say a 1000 year that Ascends to a state of pure Thought or energy form.

No matter no real form no weight.

Perhaps it would exist only as a illusion that could be perceived by observers or as a organized Energy form that could have some solid form, similar to ball lightning.

But personalty I go with magic.

As for Loch Ness(my grandfather came from there) weather the old girl dead and gone or not plesiosaurs fossils wear in the lock and there pictures of plesiosaurs in local art including very old grave markers.

I personalty believe they died out when loch got land locked.

But plesiosaurs wear basically a big shelless turtles not dinosaurs and died out less than 10,000 years ago. (a tick in the clock really) so the idea that a pod could of survived in a land locked to the 1800s is not ridiculous as it sounds and plesiosaurs lived in the arctic ocean so cold would not been a problem. But that Loch Is a Polluted Toilet Hole. I think even fish are dead it it now.Hence my 1800 hundreds limit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:37 pm 
Cererean Princess

Welcome, dragondeathlord. Have a cookie. I'll pardon the extreme thread necromancy this once, because the forum is somewhat dead at the moment, but I request that you do not do it again.

Anyway, when you add magic into the mix, anything is possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:23 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

the Chinese water dragon does not have wings, but they are able to use the magnetic fields of earth in which allows them to fly with out wings.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:13 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Hey, Draco,
Two recommendations
1) The posts are dated, anything older than about 3 months, (I could be wrong on the length) is dead. The bringing back of topics is highly frowned upon.
2) Post in the Introduction Section so we can get to know you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:25 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Alondor, I believe that rule is now voided due to the position that this site is in at the moment. In this case, as long as we have something that is relative to the thread/furthers discussion of topic I personally believe that it's good.

Why place ourselves in a worse position than what we're already in by following the three month rule?

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm 
Cererean Princess

General consensus seems to be, if the site is so dead that posts older than 3 months old are on the front page, it's any thread that's on the front page instead.

Anyway, welcome Draco, and stay away from baked goods if you come back here.

I don't think Dragons could fly using magnetic fields, since it's far too weak. At the moment, I'm on the side of wingless Dragons being inspired by people seeing snakes launch themselves and glide through the air.

Offline Profile