Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:53 am

Post subject: Third rock from the sun
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:31 pm 
Behetmoth

Hey, guys I stumble upon this article before joining and wanted to see how valid it was.

Among a great number of fairytale creatures dragons stand out as a particular category. In the memory of many nations they are still wise, amiable, open-hearted and at the same time strange-looking creatures.
West-European medieval ballads describe dragons as winged snatchers of young girls, insatiable and severe treasure keepers who one day still died of swords of knights.
A Swiss religion researcher studied myths, legends and fairytales of people inhabiting Europe, Asia, Africa and America. He thinks that our ancestors actually met and communicated with dragons. This is astonishing that pictures of dragons, descriptions of their looks and conduct left by different nations coincide. Another amazing fact is that first pictures of dragons and legends telling about them appeared within 2,500-4,000 B.C. Often, they appeared as messengers of the skies.
Contemporary ufologist Vadim Arskiy tells about people encountering dragons. Researchers want to closely study the tribe of dogons living in Africa. Thousands-year old myths about dogons mention ‘humans’ who came to Earth from Sirius. It is said that Nommo whose sacred image dogons worship was the one who brought the aliens to Earth. Nommo is described as a combination of a human and a snake with three couples of flexible extremities and a split tongue. It has a smooth shining body covered with green skin. Legends say that Nommo (meaning “the monitors”) as well as other aliens were living side by side with dogons for a long period of time, shared their knowledge and experience with them and then left for their home star.
Dogons keep an image of Nommo’s remains that look like a log of about four meters long decorated with intricate ornamentation. This may sound incredible but images of dragons known in America, China and other parts of the world are of approximately the same size and appearance that the image kept by dogons.
Like contemporary astronomers African villagers knew that dwarf star Sirius B, a small solid star with extremely high mass was revolving around the Sun. How was it possible that dogons could detect the invisible star in the sky? And how could they know that Sirius B consisted of solid and superheavy substance? In addition to these facts, dogons also knew that Sirius B was revolving on its axis and that the Milky Way was a spiral star system. It is perfectly clear that this knowledge could not be the result of mere observation of the sky. Dogons would not obtain this knowledge even if they had a telescope. So, there is every reason to say that the African people got the information about the space immediately from aliens.
China was considered the homeland of dragons at all times. As well as dogons’ legends, Chinese legends also say that dragons came down on this planet from the sky. Old historical scripts say that “the sons of the sky” made up the first calendar and a medicine textbook. One of the aliens, female Juan Di made robots that looked like “the sons of the sky.” Scripts say they had two pairs of eyes and three pairs of extremities.
Majority of “the sons of the sky” left for home immediately after they shared their knowledge with ancestors of Chinese. But some of them died on this planet and were buried here. About 500 B.C., a lost tomb of one of “the sons of the sky” was suddenly discovered when building fortress walls. A dummy was made of the discovered body and later more accurate copies of it were made. One of such statues known as The Dragon Sculpture is still kept at a museum in a provincial Chinese town. Six extremities of “the son of the sky” looked incredibly withered and shapeless. Vadim Arskiy says it occurred because dragons had flexible tubes filled with liquid as bones. It was thanks to this construction of dragon extremities that the creatures were amazingly lissome. When “the son of the sky” died the pressure in the tubes vanished, the bones decreased and became shapeless.
In Peru, people also tell legends about sky messengers. They taught men build irrigation canals and grow corn; women learnt to sew and cook from them. As well as Chinese, Peruvians got a precise calendar from these sky messengers. At that, the looks of messengers who came to Peru wonderfully resembled the looks of dragons seen in China. In 1989, a statue of an Indian woman with a fairytale creature having a pangolin head and a snake body was found in the Sipan Tomb. Judging by the ratio between the height of the woman and the creature, the latter was over four meters high
In Central America, legends telling about Quetzalcoatl, a feathered dragon, appeared about three thousand years ago. Almost all of the tribes inhabiting Central America honored the dragon and believed it was Quetzalcoatl who gave people an accurate calendar, taught them to mine and work precious stones and observe the stars. Legends also say that after several failures of his mission, ageing Quetzalcoatl left for his father who lived on the Sun.
Who were the wise dragons that descended from the Sun and taught earth dwellers observe the sky, grow plants, work stones, read calendar and other important things? Vadim Arskiy who has been studying UFO and alien visits to Earth for many years already is sure that dragons described in legends and myths were aliens who came to this planet from the center of the Galaxy. The Galaxy consists of stars of four generations. The Sun belongs to the third generation stars. Both the Sun and the Earth could be visited only by spaceships from the stars of the first and the second generations located close to the Galaxy’s center.
The researcher adds that descriptions of dragons prove that their home planet had super weight. Myths about dragons say the creatures had three pairs of extremities and no joints. That is why people who met dragons often compared them to serpents. Nommo and other aliens described in legends were wearing heavy copper sandals, and this is another fact proving their home planet was very heavy.

Tell me if it makes sense or not.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Third rock from the sun
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:00 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
To me some of it seems plausible while the rest seems completely ridiculous

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:04 pm 
Behetmoth

Forgotten Dragon's Ire wrote:
To me some of it seems plausible while the rest seems completely ridiculous

What parts are ridiculous? What parts are plausible?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:07 pm 
Matrix Operator

The whole article reeks of the unscientific, unrealistic nonsense that the lunatic fringe of UFOlogy comes up with; the same branch, by the way, that insisted we were being visited by humanoids from Venus. I would bet money that Vadim Arskiy made up either this particular tribe or their preknowledge of Sirius B. Given that most of Africa's pre-Western history is oral, it would not be hard to fabricate this.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:10 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Үудд еру ашкые еүһ зфкфпкфзры ыууғ здфгышиду иге фаеук ерфе еру куые шы пшииукшыр

Did you understand that? i was just messing around with my new laptop

Well this part seems plausible but after that the rest seem like gibberish

Among a great number of fairytale creatures dragons stand out as a particular category. In the memory of many nations they are still wise, amiable, open-hearted and at the same time strange-looking creatures.
West-European medieval ballads describe dragons as winged snatchers of young girls, insatiable and severe treasure keepers who one day still died of swords of knights.
A Swiss religion researcher studied myths, legends and fairytales of people inhabiting Europe, Asia, Africa and America. He thinks that our ancestors actually met and communicated with dragons. This is astonishing that pictures of dragons, descriptions of their looks and conduct left by different nations coincide. Another amazing fact is that first pictures of dragons and legends telling about them appeared within 2,500-4,000 B.C. Often, they appeared as messengers of the skies.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 pm 
Behetmoth

So, the alien part is gibblish. Well, their too werid to be from this planet if you ask me, that is why it seems plausible to me before I joined here, I wasn't sure why they(dragons) from.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 pm 
Matrix Operator

aquadraca wrote:
So, the alien part is gibblish. Well, their too werid to be from this planet if you ask me, that is why it seems plausible to me before I joined here, I wasn't sure why they(dragons) from.

Trust me, there are some pretty weird things on this planet...

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 pm 
Behetmoth

There maybe, but where did they come from, if from this planet? They don't fit the evoultion plan.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm 

You never know our way of categorizing creatures may be wrong

and dragons could be part of one group or several or maybe even have their own group

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Truly the problem is we need to find what is useful information and what is the useless and wrong information. And the major issue is the list of useful information is very light. And even them it needs to be filtered through. But I must agree with the above responses.

One reason I keep dragons in the realm of myth. That way I can keep my love of the creatures. And don't need to answer the hard questions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 am 
Cererean Princess

By the way, the Dogon tribe does actually exist. The contention is over whether the information they have is extraterrestrial in origin, rather than being delivered by explorers and missionaries from the west.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 pm 
Matrix Operator

aquadraca wrote:
They don't fit the evoultion plan.

*puts on personal views hat* What if they didn't evolve at all? *takes off personal views hat*

Sometimes you get organisms that seem really strange/out of place... take the carnivorous plants such as the Venus Flytrap.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:37 pm 
Behetmoth

Where are they now then? Humans couldn't have killed then all, where did they go if not to another planet?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:46 pm 
Matrix Operator

aquadraca wrote:
Where are they now then? Humans couldn't have killed then all, where did they go if not to another planet?

*raises eyebrow* We didn't kill every last dinosaur, yet they're not here either.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 pm 
Behetmoth

So where are they than?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:56 pm 
Matrix Operator

Dead, decayed, eaten, I don't know. I can tell you they didn't all fly away in spaceships.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:53 pm 
Behetmoth

Falconer wrote:
Dead, decayed, eaten, I don't know. I can tell you they didn't all fly away in spaceships.

So you believe that some of them flew away in spaceships? :?:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:52 am 
Matrix Operator

No. None of them flew away in spaceships.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:27 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Odd, the more I read this thread the more it sounds like someone is trying to prove there were no true dragons. But I just can't work out who.

(Other than me that is)

But I do agree with Falconer. If dragons were a true creature, UFOs have nothing to do with them. Other then my theory that UFOs have replaced the mythos of the answer to "What is that strange thing in the sky?". 1000 years ago someone would have said it was a dragon causing that, now people say it is caused by an ET. But we work out that it was a natural event that has no link to either.

Offline Profile