Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:41 pm

Post subject: miss indepent
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:28 pm 
Behetmoth

female dragons are known as well as their male counterparts. why do you think that is? i think is because some people (i.e. the church) have a problem with dragons already, but female dragons really that the cake. they are a symbol of strong woman. so the church change that image to evil dragon that devours maidens and was once a maiden who got turn into one. i know so of goddress, but most were once human. if the dragon females were use of postivie image instead of a negitive one, women might get the wrong idea. that is why the dragon who was once a beauitful maiden who was vain or a enchantress was jealous of and transform her into monster to disguse all that come near her until some knight or prince or king or some symbol of strong man, come and kiss her or love her without being afraid of her. stories like these have a similar theme to the knight saving the maiden from the dragon. big strong mucho man saves the bimbo princess or maiden who has a high rank in society. and in the end he marries and they all live happily ever after. cheesy as cheesy can possible get. an exampe would be saint george and the dragon, the one he killed was female, not male proir to whatever they tell you in the fariy tales. though some maiden eaters were male to most were female. why would the church go to so much trouble to supported stories about maiden eating dragons who were mostly female. they don't belived in strong women, what would be a greater symbol than a dragon? especially if they want to demonzile them from the start? what better why than to make a woman what to marry and not be a virgin than to say she would be eaten by a monster? or if a maiden thinks she is to pretty to marry or be a house wife than to say she would turn into a monster unless some man, some king , some knight falls in love with who to turn her back to normal. stories like these do work both ways, but the males are often transform before birth, females live their whole lives human until they are transtorm by magically means. think about and give your response.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: miss indepent
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

kk ummm. I got one question about your theory.

do you have proof about St. George’s dragon being a female? if so where did you get this info? cause each time I get info all I get is that the dragon was diseased and was unhealthy.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:06 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Aquadraca, do you have a shift key? Your posts are starting to make my head hurt.

And where are you getting this information? The above is half a rant and half a theory that female dragons are cursed human women.

But what you are saying about the down playing of women in the eyes of the church is right. Like the unused chapter of the bible following Mary's life.

But I must disagree with the thought. This would no have been showing a strong women, it would have been showing how weak women are in that they would give into the evil that dragons represented. Falling back to the idea it is women that brings evil into this world and man must remove it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:17 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

not to mention that the church and the synagogue( temple{ I know I most likely spelled the name wrong} brought the idea of women being the downfall of MEN in the old testament ( also known as the torah!) which would explain one of the reasons why women were not allowed to do much back then.( sorry if this looks kind of sexist { I am not sexist! just putting a reason why the church would not allow women to do much back then, sometimes you got to be glad we are in the 21st sentry})

(Adam and eve, for EVE gave Adam the fruit of knowledge after the evil snake tricked her)

Ps. I will agree with vamp that you need to wait atleast a week befor making newwer topics again.(AKA plz just slow down alot more. wait for every one to finish your last 100 topics LOL (sacasim))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm 
Behetmoth

drakes, look it up on the internet or on wikipedia. it will help you, vamps, you make good points. i still think the dragon resepresents power, so female dragons sure represent strong woman. just as the knights and warriors wear dragon images on theirselves and their clothing and flags and such. it was a symbol of power. the church knew dragons were powerful creatures so they feared and hated them and even evied them alittle. take timat as an example. she was a water goddress, she respent salt and also chaos. but she also respeant an uncontrolble power. something that was wild and free and the comos. she was the pure "power" it self and she was female. and yes, evil dragons that were once maidens could respenated how the church felt about woman, and how they are the weaker sex that needs to be save. maybe it they saw it was a symbol of strong woman and change it to a symbol of weaker, vain, bimbo maidens?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 pm 
Behetmoth

oh, i didn't know i was causing such a fuss. and yes, it do have sticky keys. i just have so many questions that needed answer. maybe i'll start answering some of you're post. :oops: what do you recomend? and vamp i would like to see some of your theroies.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

slow down and actually let everyone get a chance to answer your posts.
just let everyone argue with each other instead of trying to fight for your theory’s on your questions. It actually helps you get your questions answered, And if you are on some one else’s question FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!
(puts on battle gear)

PS: look at my frost dragon question, and rereading it I found out that there is still a gap that needs to be filled from that question.

Offline Profile