Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

Post subject: heavenly beings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:54 pm 
Behetmoth

every one had heard of a gargoyle and now what one looks like. they are water sprouts around the catlohic churnch that look dragons or monsters. but didn't the catlohic churnch hated dragons, why would they place statues of them all over the churnch and then preach that they were bad and signs of the devil? gargoyles are suppose to protected the churnch from bad spirits and demons? how is this possible when dragons are the demons according to them? to make things more confusing, the gargolyes are named after a dragon that was to be a menace, a evil menace, something only a noble man can tame and defeat? how is that go with the protector of the chruch?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: heavenly beings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

ok this would be a good question for my lil bro seeing he is into Demonology or what ever it is called. but as what I understand Gargoils are demons and they protect the church from other demons or something like that.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am 
Behetmoth

but the calthoic chruch doesn't care for demons(neither do i for the record) protector or not. neither do they care for dragons, and speaking of dragons, what does le gargouille have to do with protecting the church? he was not very nice according to the legends, so why would they name the church's protectors after a dragon and base their structure on dragons? he was evil!!! he did bad things that don't sound like a protector to me, especially one who scares off our badguys from the church. the dragon is the utilmate enemy angainst God accorrding to them (i beilived in God by the way so don't get any ideas. i mean it! i don't workshipp or pray to any body else.). and why did knight and warriors fought dragons, but use them as a symbol as how powerful, dangerous, brave, and great they are? i thought dragons were the evil guys, the ones to save the maiden (most of the time a princess or daughter of some one important in society like a chief)from or kiss her (most of the time three times) if she gets turn into one. the thing the jealous witch or nymp or goddress turn the pretty, yet vain girl into and has to save? or the curse prince who needs a woman to see him for his interbeauty and all that cheesy stuff? let me stop before i make my self with all this cheddar. my point is are they monster that represented the evil in mankind or is that a much fun way to rewrite it that way so humankind the winners, can look good?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:13 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
The main reason all those questions come up is that humanity is a celfcentered egotistical race that just wants to look good

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:16 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

agreed with that statement. humanity can't stand looking bad and can't stand not believing they are on top of every thing.

that is why we are what we are.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:21 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
sadly i would have to say the latter humans generally make themselves look better than they are

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:53 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

For a bunch of dragon crazies you don't seem to know much. *sorry but I really like this legend*

The term originates from the French gargouille, originally "throat" or "gullet".

Quote:
The gargouille (known by name as Garguiem), not to be confused with gargoyle, was allegedly a serpentlike water-spouting dragon that appeared in the Seine River in France. It was said to terrorize boats and flood the land. In legend, Saint Romain, the archbishop of Rouen, lured the monster to shore using a convict, and then made a cross with his fingers to tame the monster. He then led it into town where it was slaughtered. Some accounts say it was burned. The accounts of burning say that neither the monster's head or neck would burn, so they were mounted on the town's cathedral to display God's power.

The creature was then said to have been carved onto buildings to be used as water drainage, therefore creating the modern gargoyle. It is similarly accounted that they have no relation other than their water-spouting abilities, leading to the words' similarities.

Almost like the the other saint post that was made.

They are made to symbolize evil, as well as the power of god over it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:04 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

well then again I live far from all the dragon legends so not really easy for me to come across things like this.
Again my lil bro would know more about gargoyles then me lol ( he is into the demon and evil and such{ He would make a good therapist if you think about it lol}) to bad he hates me and wishes I could die lol ( I stole his cookie)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:11 pm 
Behetmoth

their purpose was to surprise to me, i heard that were to protect the church. so they why didn't pick another image to based the watersprout? something that is not so werid? like a lion or a snake which would made the same point?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:09 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

They do. There are even human faced ones.

Human looking one.
http://sophie-g.net/photo/build/gargoyle02.htm

This one looks like a monkey
http://sophie-g.net/photo/build/gargoyle01.htm

Not all are demon or dragon looking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am 
Matrix Operator

*claps* Bravo, vamp.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile