Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm

Post subject: Is a partial dragon possible
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:52 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
The first question I want to answer is this, Did dragons mate with non-dragons, and more importantly humans?

I favor the yes yes answer do to the legends you see that involve dragons reproducing with humans by tricking them into thinking that they are human

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Is a partial dragon possible
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:58 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

using science, I would have to say no. The genetics of the problem have been shown they can not be done. We have only seen a few animals that are close to each other produce young. And most of those have been sterile. For example a horse and donkey can make a mule.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:09 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I will have to agree with vamp.! The loggic would say no becouse it is just like asking you would you mate with a cat,dog, or horse. Most likely you would say no becouse it is foule and discusting. No normal human would do sutch a things.

You asking if a dragon would do that will have the same ansure as what I just sed on top. It would be wrong to do sutch things in a humans eyes and just as wrong in a dragons eyes. I don't know were you got that idea of dragon mating human but it is 99.9999% wrong.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:39 pm 

Well the Chinese myths are full of them. Many of the dragon kings have half-human children. And the other way around, female dragons having children with humans. It is just more parts of the myths of the dragons.

I don't know if the non Asian myths have much about that though. Reading on that right now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:16 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Of course asions would do sutch things back than. They did warship the asion lung back than but still it would not work out. science and loggic would say not possible.

ps. don't fight me on this vamp. you and me bolth know it is not possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:26 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Oh but it is possible note the number of myths about them look up Ciruelo and you will see what I mean

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:50 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

No it is not becouse dragons would have difrent DNA than humans so it is like you trying to make babys with 20 difrent typs of dogs(not possible becouse the DNA douse not match). Also I seen no info about this. Even in his website. All I seen was books made by him and good pictures. so no way in H:swear:l is that possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:08 am 
Godsin Queen

heh, well with the tech we all know the gov has but is hiding from us, I'm pretty sure they would be capable of melding together a bit of dna and creating such a thing which would in fact make it possible.

Besides if humans and Dragons had enough traits that are closely related or the same it might be possible for them to mate and create a hybrid which man kind has proven over and over again that this is possible. Like mules and Ligers for instance. These animal are able to be created with crossbreeding however would more than likely die off without a mass amount of crossbreeding as they would not be able to reproduce among themselves.

As we do not know any real physics of any dragon, it might not be such a far cry to say that such hybrids could exist.

and the whole thing with the dogs? you mean to tell me you've never heard of a mutt? As long as both dog breed sizes are compatible with each other it doesn't matter what the breed is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:35 am 
Wandering Dragon

Well with dogs, they are the same species, so they produce fertile offspring, dogs are just different breeds, and when crossed give mongrels, but they are still fertile.
Now, humans and dragons are different species, so technically they wouldnt be able to breed at all. But, as with the legends in Ciruelos book, the dragons can take on human form, and then they could breed. With the story of the dragon prince, the woman gives birth to almost normal children, but they have bright eyes and sharp teeth.
So maybe when dragons change into human form, it is possible to breed, but I dont know if they would be fertile.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Pandora wrote:
heh, well with the tech we all know the gov has but is hiding from us, I'm pretty sure they would be capable of melding together a bit of dna and creating such a thing which would in fact make it possible.

Besides if humans and Dragons had enough traits that are closely related or the same it might be possible for them to mate and create a hybrid which man kind has proven over and over again that this is possible. Like mules and Ligers for instance. These animal are able to be created with crossbreeding however would more than likely die off without a mass amount of crossbreeding as they would not be able to reproduce among themselves.

As we do not know any real physics of any dragon, it might not be such a far cry to say that such hybrids could exist.

and the whole thing with the dogs? you mean to tell me you've never heard of a mutt? As long as both dog breed sizes are compatible with each other it doesn't matter what the breed is.

1. Ok you got it wrong. I mean try to make babys with your own dog. As in try to make human, dog DNA add up. not possible right!? No it is not, wich means you can't crossbreads with a human and a dog. that is were I am getting at.

2. humans and dragons do not have enough traits to become a dragonborn cross breed. ya dragons and humans has the same intelect, but they don't have the same DNA to make it fertle. This crossbreed idea you are talking about isn't and might neaver be possible.

Quote:
Well with dogs, they are the same species, so they produce fertile offspring, dogs are just different breeds, and when crossed give mongrels, but they are still fertile.
Now, humans and dragons are different species, so technically they wouldnt be able to breed at all. But, as with the legends in Ciruelos book, the dragons can take on human form, and then they could breed. With the story of the dragon prince, the woman gives birth to almost normal children, but they have bright eyes and sharp teeth.
So maybe when dragons change into human form, it is possible to breed, but I dont know if they would be fertile.

1. Ciruelos made all his books and there is no Info. To help his books in other sorces. witch means he is just a man who added his own ideas with out looking in other places to get this info.

2. explain how dragons could turn into a human without saying the word magic and I will be interested in the subject. Untill than I will think a dragon is just a dragon. not a dragon is a dagon/human.

ps. I own a mutt dog. chow/shepperd/other lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:48 pm 

Wow, the claws went out early on this one.

I was a little subtle the first time. We are now running into the realm of telling what legends are true and what are fiction. Can we let go of the legends that say dragon and human mixes happened and still hold on to the other legends? In fiction the mix happens all the time, and many other mixes as well. Like with Merlin the wizard of Arthurian legend, is said to be the mix of a human woman and a male demon (and incubus, male version of a succubus). Is it true or not? The only way we can say no, is to use science and say most mixing of creatures just don't happen. And when they do the creatures are close to each other. Like a mule (horse and donkey), the wolfdog (dog and wolf and others), and even peppermint (watermint and spearmint).

I feel the dragon-human mix is just part of the many myths and legends out there about dragons.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:41 pm 
Godsin Queen

Unless you know a dragon personally you don't know if their DNA is too unrelated to make this a possibility. Assuming there are more than just reptile type dragons you can't fully cross out a hybrid theory.

Also if Human kind has the ability to create a false womb, a small amount of DNA could be spliced into whatever embryo you wanted. Just so long as the womb was big enough to house the result. Which would widen the field of possible hybrid capability. While this wouldn't be a half and half and the chance of such a creature's being able to reproduce is unsure it's not entirely impossible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:51 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I am not going into this sub. any more becouse it is majorly impossible to ansure now. I will stick to the fact that it is not possible to make a crossbreed with a dragon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:37 pm 

Pandora wrote:
Unless you know a dragon personally you don't know if their DNA is too unrelated to make this a possibility. Assuming there are more than just reptile type dragons you can't fully cross out a hybrid theory.

Also if Human kind has the ability to create a false womb, a small amount of DNA could be spliced into whatever embryo you wanted. Just so long as the womb was big enough to house the result. Which would widen the field of possible hybrid capability. While this wouldn't be a half and half and the chance of such a creature's being able to reproduce is unsure it's not entirely impossible.

Wow, something like that needs to be linked. I would like to read about it. Or at least tell the book it is from.

EDIT:

I have been thinking about this. And to get a good idea on what can and can't be done lets look at another human-creature hybrid. The Humanzee is the hypothetical mix of a human and chimp. Two creatures with very close DNA sequences, but has yet to be proven.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 am 
Godsin Queen

For the life of me I can't remember where it came from. I want to say it's from a book or something, but I'm not sure. I liked the concept enough to remember it at lest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:52 am 
Matrix Operator

Shapeshifters don't change their DNA when they shift. Rather, logically either:

A: The code for both organisms (human and dragon) is present, or;

B: One of the forms is just that, a lookalike form without a DNA sequence behind it that is just intended to mimic the real lifeform.

While it would be possible to genetically engineer something that looks like both organisms (i.e. a humanoid with scales and wings) it would not be a true hybrid but merely a creation of man. And I would bet good money that ancient dragons did not have access to biogenetic engineering equipment.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:19 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

point taken. I will agree with falcon becouse he has a point. DNA only changes manualy. It is not easy to mix DNA and change it. Dragons are dragons. Not shape shifters. So in conclusion it is impossible for a dragon to become a human and make hybrids back then.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:03 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Ok just pointing out that I asked is it possible and I did not say when it happened. Many of us I am sure believe that dragons are still among us hence we must believe that half dragons at the very least have happened sometime since dragon myths were created to present day area. Before then we can not be sure but think about it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm 
Godsin Queen

yeah assuming that dragons are still around it might be possible for something close to a halfling to exist on the concept. However I would prolly have to agree on the thought that ages ago a hybrid wouldn't be possible. Though, I wouldn't put it past some secretive agency out there to have the ability to create such a being.

Offline Profile