:read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

Attachments:
File comment: look at this!
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 3.57 KiB | Viewed 6091 times ]

Post subject: Re: could dragons breath fire? what do u think
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:31 pm 
Matrix Operator

This topic has been covered so many times, my eyes bleed just from the sight of it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1502

Although I am happy to see that the file attaching system works.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Trying to clear up "fire breath"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:21 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

well by breathing flamible gases held in there lungs and then causing a spark with the minerals in there teeth they could breath fire

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:58 pm 
Cererean Princess

*grits teeth* Sorry, doesn't cause sparks to fly with me. Could with Dragons, though.

So, thre are three ways they could have ignited the flame:

1. Grinding their teeth or something similar to create sparks
2. Using a catalyst to decompose something like Hydrogen Peroxide or an Aicd
3. Reacting two hypergolic chemicals together

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 pm 
Matrix Operator

#3 seems more plausible.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:52 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

dragonmaster52094 wrote:
dragonmaster52094 wrote:
kk I know that this post might be old but I could not resist lol!

My theary on this subject is kinda with the dragon lungs subject. 2 pairs of lungs 1 pair would bring 80-70% of oxegin to the body and gives it more power wile the 2nd pair would take 20-30% of the oxegin and turn it into a flamible gas. it will hold the gas like a container and wil let the gas go out at will. there would need to be a spark to make fire so a spark patch on the chin would create it. and about how could it make fire without herting itself. well I would have to get off the subject to talk about that.

you see evry 1 knows there are fire eaters (mainly in hawaii) who are ppl that uses an oil frome a plant to eat and spit fire without hurting themselfs. the plant keeps fire painless andmixed with flamible oil it will make fire on you and you will not get burned. how would this efect dragons? well some plants has poisen spikes that will kill you if you get stabed by this and a snake has a piosen like this on it's teeth. so if there was a plant that you can use to be resistant to fire than what is the chanea dragon could use an oil like this. I conclusion : the oil like the plant would be turned into would be inside the dragon's body and would keep it frome being burned wile the flamible gas would catch on fire and kills the dragon's taget.

took me 4 years to figure out this prob. Neaver thout i would have to say all 4 years of info into a lil post LOL!

Yes! I realy mean 4 years of looking into the study on how a dragon would breathe fire!

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Yes, but the fire eaters don't hurt others either. Yes the heat from the fire can singe a target but it will not do major damage. And that accounts to my main argument towards the breath weapons. For a creature to use something like this as an effective weapon, it will need a large amount of material to do so. And this material can not be kept in gas form under normal pressure.

Some how the creatures will need to either keep the material in liquid form (which will cause weight and temperature problems) or have a high pressure "lung" system. (which causes some problems of its own.)

But I do see the use of a defense reaction. When in trouble the dragon will blast one or two quick blasts of hot air (maybe catch to flame) and run while the target is reacting to it. This seems for probable, due to the small amount of burning material needed for the event. And if compared to the stories of myth and fiction from the past sounds more like it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm 
Matrix Operator

Well, in my post on frost dragon's breath attack, the same theory could apply here. Two otherwise inert chemicals, possibly liquids, would react with a catalyst to create a jet of either fire or superheated gas.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 pm 

Either way, you need a fair amount of stuff to do that. And still with that it will at best be a defense mechanism. I don't want to say it can't happen, I am just saying it is not as powerful as we are lead to believe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:09 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

vampirehunter42 wrote:
Yes, but the fire eaters don't hurt others either. Yes the heat from the fire can singe a target but it will not do major damage. And that accounts to my main argument towards the breath weapons. For a creature to use something like this as an effective weapon, it will need a large amount of material to do so. And this material can not be kept in gas form under normal pressure.

kk. I will start with the pain prob with fire eaters. There are times when other ppl DIE frome the flame of a fire eater. The only reason ppl don't get burned often is becouse the fire eaters are trained not to burn others.

Quote:
Some how the creatures will need to either keep the material in liquid form (which will cause weight and temperature problems) or have a high pressure "lung" system. (which causes some problems of its own.)

liquid!
It douse not take mutch of this typ of oil to keep you alive in a flame. so it would not take as mutch as you think to keep a dragon frome being burned.

Quote:
And still with that it will at best be a defense mechanism. I don't want to say it can't happen, I am just saying it is not as powerful as we are lead to believe

The dragons fire could be defence or ofence(depends on how the dragon uses it's flame). To me a dragon looks as powerfull, if not more than what we are led to believe. But than agian how could we know unless you are over 2000 years old lol!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 am 

sigh..... Fire Eating Safety And here as well

Quote:
The best fuels to use for fire eating are similar to those commonly used for fire twirling, but of the odorless and tasteless varieties. Though it is possible to fire eat with kerosene (or Parafin) for example, it is a rather unpleasant experience. Try odorless kerosene, or commercially sold "Fire Water" or "Fire Sol" from juggling shops. These fuels have a relatively low burn temperature and a relatively high flash point, making them relatively safe to use and manageable for fire eating. Avoid inhalation at all times. Take particular care not to inhale odorless fuels as it is not always obvious when inhaling these fumes and they may cause severe damage to your lungs. Always keep fuel in a sealed, well labeled container.

This means the fire is less intense, it may not take more than some hair off of your skin if that. They do not carry the kerosene in their mouths, it is kept in the wicks. And they drip enough into their mouth to do the spit. And yes they do burn themselves, they just learn to live with it. Because almost all of the burns are light.

What I think about for a fire weapon is a flame-thrower. That is a lot there, but skim through and you will get the idea of what I am thinking.

Quote:
The dragons fire could be defense or offense(depends on how the dragon uses it's flame). To me a dragon looks as powerful, if not more than what we are led to believe. But than again how could we know unless you are over 2000 years old lol!

You said the key word there. "Looks". Yes a dragon looks powerful. But the only information we get from about dragons are either from the people who feared them or the people who were killing them. When you fear something it looks larger and more freighting than it really is. And a dragon slaying knight would look sad if he said he killed a dog sized thing that really could not defend itself from him. The 'fish story' experience, as long as nobody else sees the creature, it is as large as you want it to be.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:29 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I got 3 things to say about what you are talking about vamp.

1. You got me with the fire eaters But I sed:
Quote:
dragons could use an oil LIKE the oil fire eaters use.
. put it this way a Castor Bean poisenous and a Fierce Snake alot more poisenis. Were I am getting at is, Yes it is a poisen but diffrent kind of poisen. So if there was a plant imune to fire than a dragon could possibly be alot more imune to fire than the plant. I just don't like the idea of a dragon getting burned frome it's own flame. Kinda sounds like a dragon would be killing it's self. Witch would mean a dragon would be dead in the first place.

2. You know what I ment when I sed
Quote:
To me a dragon looks as powerful, if not more than what we are led to believe.
Don't mess with my words and use them aginst me vamp.! All I was doing was saying my own thout about how powerfull a dragon realy is.

Quote:
vampirehunter42 wrote:

kk. I will start with the pain prob with fire eaters. There are times when other ppl DIE frome the flame of a fire eater. The only reason ppl don't get burned often is becouse the fire eaters are trained not to burn others.
those are the key words right now becouse I know how deadly fire eating is. Trust me I know what I am talking about!

Last edited by Drakel on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:07 pm 

First I am sorry for the loss.

Well that is it. I am out of this one. The moment someone uses the saying "Someone I know..." I no do not wish to continue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

vampirehunter42 wrote:
First I am sorry for the loss.

Well that is it. I am out of this one. The moment someone uses the saying "Someone I know..." I no do not wish to continue.

It is ok vamp. It was long ago when that happened we can still talk.

Offline Profile