Poll ended at Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:36 pm
yes 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
no 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
kinda sorta 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:27 am 
Wandering Dragon

Well, thats amazing Amithyst, Ive never really thought much about Vampires. I remember hearing that the Vampire myth started from people who were Albinos and had strong aversions to light. But there is a few groups of people who pretend that they are vampires, they get false fangs fitted and may drink each others blood (thats what ive heard), but I think this is more of an obsession thing. I found this which is basically what im talking about: http://tigerweekly.com/article/06-28-2006/3220

I always thought that werewolves may have existed but then again, it depends on how you view werewolves. There were cultures that worshipped wolves. And also, the werewolf was also meant to be a interpretation of human savage nature, supposedly. And I think Rome was founded by 2 brothers that were fed by a she wolf.
Quote:
According to myth, Lupercale is where a she-wolf suckled Romulus and Remus, the twin sons of the war god Mars and mortal priestess Rhea Silvia, who had been abandoned in a cradle on the bank of the Tiber River.
The cave's name, in fact, comes from the Latin word for wolf, lupus.

I had not heard about the pointed ear thing, but if there is an actual gene for it, then perhaps all humans used to have pointed ears? But most weired ear shapes are hereditary. I have a very small spikey lump on the back of both my ears, weired but supposedly my father had them.

And finally, well, I am amzed at how many people use the fact that dragons are involved in nearly all cultures in the world as proof of their existence. And I do believe that this is just about the only justifiable evidence that we have, well, at least it is to non believers because they cant argue against that fact.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:00 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

The trouble with using that argument is a most "strange creatures" are in the myths of a lot of world cultures. Look at the mermaid and big-foot like creatures. They have their counterpart to creatures around the world. Along with the "water horse", demon animals and giants they have their place with the peoples of the world.

I just see it as are human minds think somewhat alike. Just look at our weapons, all cultures around the world had a spear as a weapon. How did this happen? The same with daggers and other things like that. The building material changes but the idea is the same with things. I feel this is the same with dragons and other creatures. Something did start the myths, yes. I just see them as one of the many links we have to our past ancestors.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:37 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Or, leaning to the sci-fi way of thinking, maybe we share some common mental link to similar alien creatures, and can only express this link through artistic mixing of creatures we are familiar with. :roll:

Anything is possible,
Though nothing is probable.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:36 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I actually personally believe that once dragons existed as also dinosaur's and creatures like that. In nowadays, maybe somewhere where people cant see them cause otherwise they would be killed or captured for all kinds of tests etc.
But I do believe that they once existed in full blood and flesh.
In every legend and mytological story there is a little truth behind it. THere are many stories about dragons and they have been pictured in China as the protectors and keeping the bad away .
So yeah I do believe they were once, but about now i dont think so, maybe. WOuld be kind of cool if they would exist right now aswell and to see ones.

About vampires, I love them, and hey they do exist, some people drink blood and live in the dark. But if they turn into bats and live forever as young..dunno, who knows, maybe they exist somewhere too.

Everything is possible as long as you believe in them and we know only a little about Earth or what/who lives on it :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:03 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Yes I beleive Dragons, and grythons are real. I also beleive that we have not found them because they are smart enough to hide from us. Either that or we slaughtered them all during the midevil ages :cry: But yes, I defenently beleive they are real. Heres something intresting. Almost every culture in the world has stories about Dragons. Aztecs, Myans, Greeks, Romans, Chinize, all of them. Thats not a coincidence.

"What these humans seem to have forgotton is that it is they who forced us to fight, not the other way around," Arock, leader of the sither team.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:54 am 
Cererean Princess

Of course it's not! Although, since they all came from the same area, I see no reason why Dragons can't have been in one area, and we've carried the legends around the world with us.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:59 pm 
Matrix Operator

And we loop back to the same arguments.

Too much of the Earth is unexplored, leaving a lot of leeway for the concealment of fantastical species. There is no way as of now to confirm or deny their existence.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:01 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Also, like I said. Dragons are smart, that's what all cultures seem to agree on. If they are that smart, chances are they are purposefully hiding from us. I think they went into hiding after we slaughtered most of them during the dark ages.

"What these humans seem to have forgotton is that it is they who forced us to fight, not the other way around," Arock, leader of the sither team.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:04 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
doesit matter that this is a dead thread? if not ill throw 2 cents and be on my way. dragons most likely live where humans cant so find a lava proof suit and go explore a volcano

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:58 am 
Cererean Princess

But Dragons wouldn't be able to live there, either.

No, it doesn't matter if it's a dead thread, as long as it's on the first page.

Quote:
Too much of the Earth is unexplored, leaving a lot of leeway for the concealment of fantastical species.

Here be Dragons! :lol:

Offline Profile