Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:44 am

Post subject: look in what sound(s) would a dragon make
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:43 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
not wanting to raise a 1/2 year old thread this is the same topic with my opinion at the lead in my opinion we should look to the science fiction book a hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for the fish that allows every species to understand other tongues which is called babble fish thing is i think the author had a great idea with the fish bu a bit mistake it is in fact probably conected to your tongue or some other part of the mouth and sends the sound waves it recieves in to every other form of sound waves/langueges

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:41 pm 
Godsin Queen

????
:oops:

I am not much understanding what you are saying.

By the way, yur gonna get slaughtered for waking up all those dead threads.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:02 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
i was told by vamp that if i wanted to post my opinion on a topic that was dead i should make a new folder so i really hope i wont get slaughtered for getting dead posts up :skeptical:

Basicaly what my idea :idea: states is that dragons understand all and can be understood by all

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 am 
Godsin Queen

Oh, excuse me having dumb moment

*beats self over head *

ok, all better now. I wouldn't be too worried, just follow the advice the others give you and you'll be just fine, as far as this subject goes... well i really haven't thought of it before. sure it would be mice if they did understand everything, but working on a relistic lvl, they prouble only know their own language, that more than likely consists of a whole bunch of screeches,growles, and complex grunts.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

u r probably right that a dragons language is growls and other such things i was just stating that since they r such powerfully magical creatures with an IQ over like 300+ they probably hav com up with a way to comunicate with all other creatures of earth sept for humans who they probably think are morons for attacking their one and only hope for survival

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:43 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

u r probably right that a dragons language is growls and other such things i was just stating that since they r such powerfully magical creatures with an IQ over like 300+ they probably hav com up with a way to comunicate with all other creatures of earth sept for humans who they probably think are morons for attacking their one and only hope for survival

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:04 am 
Wandering Dragon

Dragons making sounds...hmmm, well... I have always thought that they would growl and roar, I mean why not? In the last topic though someone used a Giraffe as an example, ..something about its neck being too long, but im not sure...
As for talking, it depends on what you believe, It would be nice if they could talk, and i think that they would, based on the legends.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:48 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

yeah as far as legends go any that show dragons as growling snarling beasts were probably created by glory seeking knights as i think was siad in another forum

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:04 am 
Godsin Queen

On a realistic levle they'd be just like any other animal. Understanding human speech isn't out of the question because you could argue that cats, and dogs understand people, but wether they really do is still questionable.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:08 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

thanks for bringing this up
[quote="Pandora"]On a realistic levle they'd be just like any other animal. Understanding human speech isn't out of the question because you could argue that cats, and dogs understand people, but wether they really do is still questionable.[/quote]
because it reminded me of the movie "Meet The Robinsons" that movie states the fact that frogs are more vocaly adept then humans and dragons with more intelligence than a frog and probably similar vocal cords should also be just as adept

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:34 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Dragons speaking? I shoul probably think so. In a language we could understand? Almost definatly not. Think about it, other human languages are hard to understand without a lot of work, so to us the dragons would probably sound like a lot od guttaral grunts, growls maybe even sounds recognisable as words but you wouldn't be able to translate it. Not immediatly at any rate but as with any 'language' you might pick it up as you heard more and more of it.

Offline Profile