Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 pm

Post subject: Dragons are good creatures
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:22 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Dragons are good creature i think.Well in my group they have told me many times that in Europe they think that they are evil.That is not true i think that they just defend therselves.What do you think

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:00 pm 
British Redcoat

[Otherkin hat on] Whether a dragonkin is good or evil, it depends entirely on the person- you can get good people, you can get good dragons. [Otherkin hat off]

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:56 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

Excuse me but arent we being a little bit black and white here Ruben?

If we were to assume that dragons existed then surely like us and like animals then they are in fact neither good nor evil. They are looking out for themselves and their kin.

Im sure the food they eat would label them as evil and the child brought up by its mother would of course be labelled as good.
Infact i imagine dragons would be neither. They, like the rest of us, would want to survive.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:52 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Dariune is right thats seeing things in back and white virtually nothing in life is ever that way. Always they are some shade of grey. In the most evil creature you will find some good and in the most good you will find some evil. People are like this and you will be hard ressed to make me believe that dragons are not too. There are good dragons but there are also ones that are evil

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:15 am 
The Endless Prophet

That doesn't stop three quarters of the world from seeing all of the world in exactly that manner, does it?

Mah Griffon is © Todd Lockwood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Dragons are good creatures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:41 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Well, that depends on the intentions of the dragon. You have to admit; There is always a bad guy/gal in every species. (Jeeze. I starting to sound like Tempest.) 8)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:17 pm 
Matrix Operator

Nah, you have to spell perfectly and make much longer posts. :wink:

I agree with Dariune, dragons were animals, making them no better or worse than any other animal.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:17 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hmmm...I believe that dragons are an intelligent species, therefore not inherently good or evil, but a blend of the two. Sure, one individual may display more evil based on greed and whatnot, but the opposite is also true. It's very difficult to label an entire species as something, cause more often than not, there are more exceptions than rules to the stereotype. *Snaps fingers* I completely forgot to put on my otherkin hat! *Puts on otherkin hat* *Takes off otherkin hat*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:58 am 
Cererean Princess

Maybe the question would be: are dragons inclined to be more good or more evil? There will be exceptions to the rule but as a species do they lean to good or evil?

But, then again, it's all subjective. Islamic Suicide Bombers I'd say are evil, but they don't see themselves in that way. Define good and evil.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:03 am 
British Redcoat

DragonRider wrote:
But, then again, it's all subjective. Islamic Suicide Bombers I'd say are evil, but they don't see themselves in that way. Define good and evil.

I approve and second this comment.
Same goes for the Japanese Suicide pilots; they were all for dieing to save their country. Some saw it as 'evil' as in a waste of life, they saw it as an honour.

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:17 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Well some Japanese saw it as a waste as well. It due to a "corruption" of the samurai code.

But on topic:

Good: The willingness to put others before yourself. This does not mean one must lay his/her life down for others. Also the willingness to have others around even though they do not prove "useful".

Evil: The want to put your self before the needs of others. This does not include having "me time" every now and then. As well it counts as only keeping others around when they are "useful", and get rid of them when they are "useless".

At least that is how I work it out for D&D. I may go farther on it later.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:21 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Good: Doing what is morally right.

Evil: Doing what is morally wrong.

This is way too subjective but I try to view things from multiple perspectives. I may see neutering animals as evil while others might view it as a good thing. Normally though when you ask a question such as the one DragonRider wrote, then you are asking how the general public would view it. As I'm not very knowledgeable in dragons I have no opinion on if they are evil or good. It does seem that the general public views them as both meaning that some are evil while others are good.

On a side note: Sorry I haven't been here recently or posting much. I plan on posting more often now.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile