Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm

Post subject: do werewolves exist
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:38 am 
do werewolves exist? one of the most frequantly asked questions in my inbox. its second to do dragons exist. werewolves i think do exist they jut have lernt how to control their power to shapeshift. because a werewolf is actuly born with it and is not exactly human. so any one who is either a werewolf or thinks that weewolves exist plz answer. and howw this has somting to dowith dragons?

CROSSBREEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:39 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

And everyone goes "Oh no, vampirehunter is answering"

I would say the same on my thought on dragons. There are a lot of "lycanthropes" in the myth of the world. Which I feel it is an extension of our animal past. We humans feel like we are above the other animals of the world, but we do fear our feral nature. So we compare ourselves to the animals we see and seeing we are both animals we can find things in common.

But there is also the crazies from the past with the mind effecting past and moldy rye bread.

But I believe there is no true werewolf, as much as the werelion. (that one is a great story.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:48 am 
ty vampirehunter but i have to disagree i beleive werewolves can exist but they are just a friction of the name bezerkers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:04 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

My main thought is the were-______ depends on the area is if involved with. For example, the Aztecs believed the jaguar could turn someone into a werejaguar. But they would understand the idea of the werewolf. While in a Rwandan legend, you have the werelion. It is all part of both our connection and fear of the natural world. And when a "civilized" person sees a "wild" person, they assume they are connected with the wild animals of the area.

This is just my thoughts on this, please keep your own if you will.

Offline Profile