Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:12 pm

Post subject: dragons
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm 
do you think dragons show them selfs or evidence of them selfs to peopel who belive in them? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:09 pm 
Wandering Dragon

If you believe in dragons ( believe that they exist), you have to work out if they are friendly or not, inteligent or not. It depends on how you view them.
If friendly and intelligent they may show them selve but only to a few very trusted people. But they would still prefer to stay hidden, due to Mans nature and history.
If not friendly, but intelligent, theyd show them selves to kill you or something, whether you believe in them or not.
If not intelligent they probably would hide all the time, or, show themselves foolishly and then some evil person comes along and kills them...
But you might believe that one day they will forgive humans and pity them, and show themselves...
Or you may believe that they will never trust man and stay hidden forever...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:48 pm 
do you belive that there are any left on earth? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:54 am 
Matrix Operator

I doubt it. Those idiotic self-centered "chivalrous" knights may have killed them all in the name of "glory" and "honor". :x :cry: :evil:

But if there are any, keep in mind what humanity did to them through the Middle Ages and ask yourself what reason they would ever have to trust us.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:15 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Falconer wrote:
I doubt it. Those idiotic self-centered "chivalrous" knights may have killed them all in the name of "glory" and "honor". :x :cry: :evil:

But if there are any, keep in mind what humanity did to them through the Middle Ages and ask yourself what reason they would ever have to trust us.

Sure, what happened in the Dark Ages was, to say the least, a catastrophe but keep in mind not all humans are bad/evil. That is reason enough to trust at least 1 in a billion.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:15 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i don't know, i agree with falconer. i believe that if they still/do exist, then they shouldn't trust any humans. humans are afraid of what they can't understand, and they want to destroy anything they're afraid of. take the spider for example. MOST people are scared of spiders, and whenever they see one, they want to smash it. for no apparent reason besides that they don't like them, or because they are scared of them. but i believe that most dragons are intelligent. other however are either angry or scared. the scared ones would stay hidden no matter what. but the angry ones might show themselves to kill, but would react on emotion and eventually make a mistake.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:16 pm 
Cererean Princess

[quote="Kojack]Sure, what happened in the Dark Ages was, to say the least, a catastrophe but keep in mind not all humans are bad/evil. That is reason enough to trust at least 1 in a billion.[/quote]

1 in a billion humans? So about six, maybe seven humans who you can trust. Big number.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:18 pm 
Cererean Princess

Sorry 'bout the double posting but it didn't come out properly the first time.

Kojack wrote wrote:
Sure, what happened in the Dark Ages was, to say the least, a catastrophe but keep in mind not all humans are bad/evil. That is reason enough to trust at least 1 in a billion.

1 in a billion humans? So about six, maybe seven humans who you can trust. Big number.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:35 am 
British Redcoat

DragonRider wrote:
Sorry 'bout the double posting but it didn't come out properly the first time.

Kojack wrote wrote:

On that note, humanity isn't all black and white/good and evil. Many good people could be cruel at times and vice versa.
Example from history: A German WW2 soldier was about to shoot a young Jewish woman. His Nazi officer stepped between them and (I quote) said "One day history will judge us." He stopped the man shooting her, but was killed by another officer and the woman got killed anyway. Even who we consider to be the most vile of people can have a lighter side.
Himmler banned fox hunting, saying that animals should be protected, but he allowed and ordered the murder of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

See? Not all simple.

And no, I don't support the Nazi's. I just believe that we shouldn't do the whole 'good and evil' thing.

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:13 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

This thread is getting off topic, and by Silver - Orbs too.

On the thought of the "knight killing a dragon" there is no hard evidence on any of that. Only tells of knights doing so. And all to follow St. George's killing of the dragon.

And if that is why dragons are not around to be seen. Why not the asian dragons, they are still revered as great creatures. And only a couple of tells of asian dragons being killed have been told. I would think you would see a dragon there, they have no reason to fear people there.

Dragons are, I believe, a state of mind. They around us all the time we have just moved our "folk tells" to be about other creatures and monsters.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:59 am 
Legendary Warrior

+ Silver - Orbs + wrote:
On that note, humanity isn't all black and white/good and evil. Many good people could be cruel at times and vice versa. Example from history: A German WW2 soldier was about to shoot a young Jewish woman. His Nazi officer stepped between them and (I quote) said "One day history will judge us." He stopped the man shooting her, but was killed by another officer and the woman got killed anyway. Even who we consider to be the most vile of people can have a lighter side.
Himmler banned fox hunting, saying that animals should be protected, but he allowed and ordered the murder of hundreds of thousands of Jews.

See? Not all simple.

And no, I don't support the Nazi's. I just believe that we shouldn't do the whole 'good and evil' thing.

Maybe I should have been more... descriptive in my post and probably should have left out few words. I now know that I had a very poor choice of words when I posted that. Sure, not not good people are holy and not all bad people are evil. Keep in mind, however, one good act does not justify 100 bad acts (don't think that I was implying that Silver was saying that) and vice versa. When I said
Kojack wrote:
not all humans are bad/evil
I merely meant that some people are trustworthy while others are not.

Case and Point.

(I always wanted to say that. This reminds me of debate class.)

Last edited by Kojack on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:01 pm 
Legendary Warrior

**Deleted**

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:04 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

:roll: think about it , if you found a dragon would you keep it secret? ya would wana tell the world? but who would want to share a dragon with billions + ppl? imagine the stuff you would hav to put up with, if they are found no ones gunna say anything and i dont blame them.
to hav so much dragonology written about in books from medivalle days etc they had to be around , and spiritually are still but physically hmmmm who knows :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: dragons...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:54 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Location: Somewhere with one bare foot in reality, the other in mystery, and my head in the clouds.
humans are too selfish to realise when a species is dying... and when they do realise... its too late no matter how hard they try. but this whole thing is off thread to the original question...

my theory is the idea of dragons is more than an idea... long ago dragons lived on earth, even when they were comon they were rare, if you get my meaning. while they were alive they had a strong connection with humans, and to this day select few people have connections with dragons, these peple being the ones who inspire others and keep the legends alive... and coz it was so long ago the dragons faded from reality to legend to myth... and they had no choice but to leave this world because there was no room for two main races... ok to prove my point read these stories- http://magicsgift.bebo.com that is my legend thingy. enjoy, i guess.

http://DragonsMaiden.bebo.com

:D Thanks! :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:37 am 
Its not just Humans. When you think of it life has spread to a diversity of many animals with amazing talents. Just so they can survive and multyply. We are all changing fast, just so we can stay the same. For dragons to start hating humans would just be making the same mistake humans made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:09 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Kay Cerra Cerra, although this was a good topic and I wouldn't mind discussing it again it is, however, dead. Please do not resurrect dead threads.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: ha
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:24 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Location: Somewhere with one bare foot in reality, the other in mystery, and my head in the clouds.
hey kojack you spelled that french term wrong *laughs*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:22 am 
Legendary Warrior

Honestly I thought I made that phrase up. I didn't know that it was a French term. Ah well, I'm sure that my French teacher will get on to me about that.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:39 am 
the problem with dragons is that they mostly wiped out all other acult monsters werewolves, faes, sprites ect. the knights fought of dragons for their scales. because if you hjad a suit of scales you would be invincable which is why im currently tryin to find a set of dragon scales :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:51 am 
i was knighted at knight school last summer so

GO ST GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:02 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

st george sucks

humanity sucks

get real, werewoves.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:39 pm 
Wandering Dragon

sooooo, werewolves, you dont like dragons and like a person who killed one and you want their scales... this site is for dragon loving, fascinanted, interested people, not " lets kill dragons for scales and worship the people who killed them" kind of people....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:44 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

i agree with Blue Tiger.

And another thing... how old are you? 6?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:40 pm 
Legendary Warrior

I agree with Blue Tiger too. Do you know who else I agree with? The rules. Please do not post in dead threads.

Offline Profile