Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 am

Post subject: Dragons do exist
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:51 pm 
I believe that Dragons do exist (or did exist) because of many reasions
-One is that they appeat in herioglyphs of many aincent cultures
like the chinese and japanese dragons, they appear in greek and roman mythology and various native american groups have dragons. Even Egyptians have evidence of dragons in their culture and the babylonan even contains evidence of dragons. many cultures in the world have evidence of great flying firebreathing beasts that seem lizardlike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:25 pm 
Wandering Dragon

I belive that there is or was a chance of their existence, mainly because of all the differant cultures being able to relate to some form of dragon, as you stated, dragons are clearly known creatuers throughout the world, I would like to think that they still exist, but I have no proof :(

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Maybe not here, maybe in a different plane of existence if you believe in astral projection and transference of thoughts, 'souls' etc across this and other universes. Just suppose they did exist here what are the chances we would have discovered traces of them? Well, maybe not much. It is extremely difficult to fossilise an animal, most animals when they die are picked apart by scavengers and even the bones disappear. A dragon, capable of flight would have to have extremely strong but lightweight bones, which would not last long after death. Any creature capable of flight has to keep weight to minimum. Take the fossil record of mankind, there are very few complete skeletons of early man even though locally they would have been in abundance, the reason is that a skeleton does not remain intact if it has not been perfectly preserved. The conditions have to be just right. Another reason is that is there is a fossil which can't be explained the usual reaction is to label it, put it in a drawer where no one will find it and forget about it.

There is however, a huge question concerning the depictions of dragons in many cultures which have developed around the globe quite separately, from the Pacific, to ancient Rome, China, South America, even the Native Americans and Native Australians have stories about dragon like creatures, the bunyip for example. Maybe the latter culture there lies a clue, they talk about the dream-time, maybe they could see what many people can't.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Dragons
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:42 pm 
I'm a dragonologist ( a person who studies dragons ) and I believe that they did exist and still do. I may only be a child but I know what I belive in and what is real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:33 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

THey do exist just not on the physical plane all the stories about them threw out the ages are memories people have told others about or writen down from visiting astral plane. I personally have traveled to astral plane and seen dragons my self I just dont care to talk about it as it was an imenscly personal experience and feel like keeping it to my self.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:27 am 
Matrix Operator

I swear this topic has been covered so many times I could recite it in my sleep. Even backwards.

And, dragonologist or not, if you want to post here, it would be nice if you joined the board.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:31 pm 
Cererean Princess

This is different. Most are along the lines of 'dragons do exist as I have seen one i am one i saw one in my backyard it was a frost dragon like in ernest drake which is a real factuel book dont say it isnt'.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:42 pm 
Matrix Operator

Ah. Good point. Carry on, then.

Insisting that dragons must have entered the "astral plane", or some other other-wordly region, really get's my fur up, so to speak. It's barely distinguishable from saying they're merely fantasies. Dragons are real, solid, physical beings that exist in our real, solid, physical world. They are living, breathing creatures just like humans, and are not transcended or anything, jus thiding from our prying eyes.

*takes deep breath* I'm just saying that there are other explanations, ones that are far more plausible.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:05 pm 
Wandering Dragon

I wish, i wish, i wish, i could see a dragon, or will see see a dragon, then I can put aside all my doubts and truly, truly belive in their existence :cry: :cry: :cry: :x

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: dragons do exist
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:03 am 
I believe all u guys and I too am a dragonologist and have seen the race they are friggin awsome !!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 am 
Matrix Operator

"It is easy to believe in the obvious."
David McEdwards, 1843

We all await the day when dragons come forth. And we desperately hope they'll be in a good mood, else we'll have a world like the one in Reign of Fire.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: DRAGONS ARE THE BEST
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:45 pm 
Dragons are the best creatures to have ever lived (Yes, I believe they lived.) They were (are) prepared for battle and everything! They are just huge masses of potential and weaponry, yet some of them have big hearts. :D I believe they are the BEST!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:31 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I myself think dragons existed, but are now extinced. It would be extremly hard for dragons to hide, unless they are albe to create an under ground city, and be able to hunt in areas with low human activity.

"Being wierd is normal,
Being normal is wierd." -Me

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:44 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

We do need to make a single topic like this.

I still believe dragons were just myth and legend. A thing that does not weaken their power in my mind. We have seen no hard evidence on the true reality on dragons. Yes different people from around the world have them in their "history". But they also have vampires, ferries, the green man, shapeshifters and many other creatures are close to the same as one another. Drawings on walls and tells of these creatures are the same as the books which populate my bookshelf. They are great to read and look at, but are created in our minds and nothing solid abut them.

Note, I would love to be wrong about this. I'll be one of the first to admit I over thought about things finding just what was not real.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:45 pm 

I'd just like to point out something.

Whether dragons DID exist is rather irrelevent in the larger scheme of things.

whether they DO eist is the important question.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:33 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

True John but if we can prove they ever existed then we can slap all the non-believers and if ever they've existed they could still exist today same as I think the dodo bird is here somewhere.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:07 am 
Matrix Operator

Here!

Just kidding. Species extinction is nothing new. Statistically speaking, for every species today there are/were twenty thousand others that no longer exist. The dodo is one example, but what about the blue morpho butterfly? The black mamo and Ula-ai-hawane birds from Hawaii? The passenger pigeon? The Golden Toad? Who here even knew about these species?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:16 pm 
Cererean Princess

There could be dragon clonable dragon corpses in the Antartic permafrost.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:16 pm 

I found a good quote on this area of topic, it was towards griffins though. This was made by a fellow named Alexander Rossagainst Sir Thomas Browne.
Quote:
If any man say that now such animals are not to be seen; I answer, it may be so, and yet they have not perished; for they may be removed to places of more remoteness and security, inaccessible to men.

The funny thing this is the opposite of what my earlier post said. And I think more like Browne. I guess I am trying to show I see both parts of the argument.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: just a though
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:36 pm 
i think that dragons did exist at one time. i disagree that they "evolved" to do all the things we believe them to have done. They were mentioned in the Bible, and were spoken of in many cultures. Maybe we will find the real answer one day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:11 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dragons do exist but not in this dimension. A close friend has seen several. She is a healer and travels at night.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:21 pm 
The Endless Prophet

In case you didn't know, Necromancy is illegal in these parts.

Also, in case you didn't know, when I say Necromancy, I'm probably referring to the act of posting in a thread that's been inactive for two or more weeks.

Mah Griffon is © Todd Lockwood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dragons do exist
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:45 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

they did exist! and i totally agree with the culture issue, and why are some people (the ones that mock dragonolgists/dracologists) so ignerant and not even consider the possibilities. they should have an open mind and accept that they could excist

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 am 
Matrix Operator

Just a clue in, man: threads almost 2 Years old are probably dead.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:04 pm 
Cererean Princess

Lol. Read the post above dr drako dragons.

Offline Profile