Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 am

Post subject: Describe your ideal dragon...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:54 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Well, anyone who has a great idea or picture in their head of a dragon, describe it. Or describe how you belive dragons look like, eg, four legs, 2 legs, no legs, big wings, blue, red, huge claws, how many horns,.etc...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:16 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
sure can do:

my ideal dragon would be....

Wings: large black featherd with the tips of the feathers having a silver look.

Legs: four, all basically the same size, the back legs built for the power to get off the ground while front formed to pick up and grasp.

Claws/feet: the back feet would be built more like paws with a slight claw look to them while the front feet would be claws

Neck/Head: The head would be elongated with a rounded look to it. long spikes-kind of like horns- would come from the chin and the top of the head. the neck would be long and thin, but thick enough to keep the head up.

Body: The body would have a broad chest and a thin waist area the scales would be black with silver along the ridges of the stomache scales

Tail: the tail would be long and sweeping with a flared feather tip like the wings. the very tip would have a red fringe around it, looking like fire creeping up to meet the silver

....yep that's basically it, i have personalities too, but that would take a while, if you REALLY want to know, pm me and i'll tell you.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:06 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Wow, thats really detailed, just what i was looking for...
My ideal dragon would be....
Very big: definatly bigger than a house, with wings longer than the body.
Head: Lots of horns pointing backards getting smaller down the jaw bone, eyes could be black with red slit (personal favourite), 2 fangs pointing downwards and more rows of serated teeth, and a few spikes on ridge of nose, following down the spine.
Body: Oval scales, shining, polished and brilliant, overall colour: blue with a few darker stripes. Huge spikes on the end of tail, like a stegasaurus,for defence or attacking methods, big muscles, especially around chest+shoulders.
Legs: Four legs, talon like hinde legs, similar with front, dragon should be able to rear up on back legs as well as walk on all fours.Four toes on each foot.
Wings: longer than body, four evolved talons, thin but strong membrane with veins.
Oh yeah, and breathes blue fire, tinted with red or yellow depending on mood.
Thats just about it, anyone else?...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:04 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Location: Canada and Antarctica.(What the hey, their both cold, right?
My ideal dragon would be:
White
Can fly
Blue eyes
Breathe ice
Not get discovered by humans
Intelligent

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:19 pm 
Silver sorceress

My dragon would be smallish, about the size of a doghouse. They would breathe fire, but it would be a rare occassion.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: dragons
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:23 pm 
Dragon cicilazation is based on four classes of dragons which would be swift
these dragons have a slim build and powerful wings their scales covered with an almost frictionless coating and they are even specially shaped to lessen air resestance. Their entire bodies are disigned for speed and manuveribility. their wings shorter than others but wider to maximise speed. their entire build long and straight to let the air flow over them and under them the claws smaller than the fighters' and retract tighter, these dragons are primarily used to deliver light cargo, and messages quickly. their speed is about three hundred miles per hour.

Fighter
these are strong dragons who think more with their claws than their brains. they are made to be strong with large wings to support thrir huge weight unlike the swifts they have completely frogotten about areodinamics and hunted prey with their huge jaws and claws they are designed to kill and tear while taking enormus pain. they are the second largest type of dragons who kill mercilissly and have large claws to pierce thrugh the toughest armor with the least effort. They are dangerous and aboundant. their usual speed is about one hundered miles per hour.

crystal
the smartest dragons they are useless in combat and cannot breathe. instead they use spells to heal and defend themselves and if they face head on combat with any other dragon they are dead. the wings are small and they can bearily fly. but they exel in magic and spells. they will usually fly at about fifty miles an hour

demidragons
these are the all powerful masters of the realms they are the oldest and wisest of all dragons they are huge and can fight exellently they can use any spell and can kill even the strogest fighters with ease. they are the only horned dragons with three of them two curving upwards slightly and a third in the center slightly lower curves upward faster then dropps below the other two they can breathe any element and have large claws to kill anything. they are the rarest type of dragon and will fly as fast as a swift with the might of a fighter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:20 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Where did you get all that infomation from? :shock: Its quite good, but what is youre favourite dragon?....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:35 pm 
Cererean Princess

Mine would have a long thin body that you could lie on while riding. The wings would be as small as possible to minimize target area while generating lift. It would have long back legs and small front legs for attacking. Breathes fire.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:14 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

My ideal dragon, small enough to not need to spend very waking hour having to look for food and hunting/foraging, big enough to run an intelligent brain, optimal weight for flight, fire breathing would be nice but not essential, have opposable digits able to make and use tools. Also be able to communicate an intelligent conversation not just be able to convey anger, defence and fear etc.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:17 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

My ideal dragon? Not sure what it would be called, but I got a name(Not too good, though), Ancient Ones.

They are simply massive dragons whose life is the Earth. Simple. You hurt the earth, you hurt the dragon, and vice versa. Their claws are like all other claws, but possess a magical quality:They strike with an element. Let's say you got hit by a Water Ancient One, the hit area would be frozen. Their breath has the capilbility to do many things; to bring the dead back to life, completely destroy, or create life. Their wings(Will continue later)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:08 am 
Matrix Operator

A small pet one, about the size of a cat. I could send him spying, he'd be great fun to play with, and he can sleep next to me at night as the perfect guard.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:29 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

*agrees with falconer*
i would want a small one maybe one thats pocket sized becuase that would be adorable and the greatest little pet ever

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:50 am 
Matrix Operator

Nah if it's too small it cant fight very well. Or are you getting one to battle the vicious gnats that come through? :lol: :wink:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:14 pm 

hey just becuase its small dousnt mean it couldnt fight .... it could bite them ^^ and i would want mine to be able to blow fire hehe eeeeeevil little dragon MUHAHAHA *cough* ahem i mean cute little adorable critter ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:03 pm 

Wow, you all can choose only one.
Well let's see.
In the D&D world, I would have to say the silver dragon with the copper a close second. They are shaped as an "European" dragon. Or the pseudodragon, more of a cat sized creature but the same as above. And they can be used as animal companions.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:33 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

I apologize if this is hard to read as inever was good at writing.

Size: My ideal dragon would probably be about the size of an Irish Wolfhound.

Color: It would be a dark dark green.

Skills:It would instictively be a master hunter. He could also breath fire and would have claws that work the same as a human hand( can grasp and use things). He'd also probably be a little overprotective of me. His scale would be heat resistant and be able to resist all types of projectiles and melee.

Attitude: Protective, Funloving but knows when its time to play and when he should be serious.

Physical attributes: (besides listed above) Silver eyes. A pincer like tail. Spikes running down his back with a wingspan of 22 feet(huge wings eh?)

there ya go. I like it so im gonna save it, Think i'll use it in an rp sometime.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:56 pm 
Cererean Princess

Small dragons are fire lizards from Pern.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:09 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

My perfect dragon would be about the size of a horse, its scales would be shaped like tear drops and would be black. Its eyes would have red iris'. It would have two horns, but they would be small. Wings would be about the size of its body, each, and the membrane would be red. It would have a long tail, with a large spike on the end of it. The leg and arm build would be simular to a dogs, and its talons would be ivory, with a curve like a bear claw.

That about sums up my perfect dragon :D

"Being wierd is normal,
Being normal is wierd." -Me

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:05 pm 
Silver sorceress

DragonRider wrote:
Small dragons are fire lizards from Pern.

I've always wanted a fire lizard, ever since i started reading that series.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:38 am 
my ideal dragon would

size: be about the size of a wolf
legs:has four and can stand on its back two
couler: would be sort of the couler of a wolf and have dark brown eyes
small description: my dragon would be able to fight and fly but it wouldnt fly very much its sort of a weredragon and would fight with its mouth and claws but it does have a breath weapon instant darkness breath! :twisted:

my dragon is actuly based on a creature from my freinds guide to monsters and its breath would be used to confuse and to give him a cover for him to use his best weapon. stealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Location: Somewhere with one bare foot in reality, the other in mystery, and my head in the clouds.
Name- Faranth

gender-
male. i prefer male company.

size-
he dragon would be gigantic, the size of a small hill, with a wingspan twice the length of his body

colour-
shining bronze, gold and green :)

face-
a square jaw with many backwards-pointing goldish-coloured spikes along the bottom,
many sharp white teeth, and a forked tongue
bright green eyes that show fierce, intimidating intelligence,
goldish backwards pointing horns just above elfish, pointed ears that point back
a kind yet determined expression,
slightly equine, slighly canine yet still reptilian :?
spiked eyebrows

body-
very very very muscular, western dragon
big scales
big, powerful chest
spikes at the hocks, shoulders and elbows
vicious ripping-talon back feet
walks on four legs yet is able to sit up and use its front feet which are as useful as our own hands, back legs slighly more muscular than the front
armour-plated chest
long, slender tail ending in a triangular spike, sharp as a razorblade
golden wings that shimmer green, with a classic arm-like structure

breath weapon-
a mix of super-strong acid and fire

habits-
biurnal (doesnt matter what time of day he sleeps)
omnivorous but mainly carnivore, prefers cows and deer
an IQ far above 160

:D yup yup thats me dragon :mrgreen:

http://DragonsMaiden.bebo.com

:D Thanks! :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:16 am 
my dragon would be about the size of a house with a wingspan of 5.5m

color: black scales and gold eyes with silver armour with gold trimmings.

defenses: ivory horns above eyes with spines down its back with large claws and teeth with a venom that can kill a t-rex in 5 secs

yep thats my dragon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:52 am 
The Endless Prophet

Note to new members, 'resurrecting' a thread, that is posting in a thread that hasn't been updated for more than a couple of weeks, is against the rules.

Mah Griffon is © Todd Lockwood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:38 am 
Cererean Princess

And Silentia just wants to get more posts than Jish.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:58 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Location: I live on Kadora, the third planet from the sun, Andrem.
My ideal dragon pet would be small like Akira's but I'd make a spell so he could get big so I could fly him! ^_^
Head & Neck: Head would be blue and elongated and slightly lizard-like, with bright blue eyes and silver teeth. There would be two curved silver horns potruding from the back of the head. The neck would be short and thick, giving him a strong yet chubby look
Wings: Blue web with silver arms and fingers. Very large and made for speed and easy maneuverability.
Body and legs: Normal sized body, blue scales, with strong yet small legs. (also blue)
Feet: Feet would be pawed with small, sharp claws.
Tail: Tail would be long and thin, with a feather fluff at the. The tail would be blue, and the feathers a silver color. At the very tip of the tail is an extremely sharp barb, hidden by the feathers, and is used as a secret weapon.

Offline Profile