Poll ended at Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:03 pm
yes 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
no 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:45 pm 
Wandering Dragon

His birthday? His, as in he, as in me, is a she :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, I kind of went mental about becoming a young dragon, cus I really thought you had to get 100 posts for that rank :lol:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:56 am 
British Redcoat

Oops <.< Another case of mistaken gender it seems.
Apologies.

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:09 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

Location: On my blue SkyKing's back, the despaired moon showing our silouette against the ranks of dragons
okay so i guess ill jump in here and get this back on topic. Yes. I think that some one can be part dragon but not physically. Spiritually and mentally yes. A halfling, its called. A dragon rider is also considered half dragon because of their mental ties with their dragon. A halfling will beable to feel it as well as act and respond differently than other people do. A halfling will also react immediatly to situations based 1st on their instinct

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:07 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Location: Canada and Antarctica.(What the hey, their both cold, right?
Cool. I didn't know these things.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:14 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Falconer wrote:
This may be the first 180 I've ever done, but the following was in my dreams...

I wrote:
Dragons. Once the most powerfull predators ever to walk the Earth, they ruled even the dinosaurs. They reigned for thousands of years, even over humans for a while. In China, the Dragons held the most power, directly controlling their chosen emperor.

But sadly, this was not to last. As the humans studied the dragons, and learned their weaknesses, unrest grew. Then, the Great Rebellion. Accross the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Russia humans massed together and slaughtered their former protectors. The Dragons retaliated, but were unable to defend themselves. Thus, in the year 487 B.C., the last Dragonlord was overthrown, and by order of every ruler accross the Earth, all memory of the Dragon Kings was obliterated.

This was not the end of the Dragons, though. A select few banded together under the leadership of a wyvern named Anorius, and through his studies, altered their bodily structures to mimic humans, and thus excaped discovery.

To this day, the Dragons hide among us. Their numbers are steadily growing, as they prepare for the coming future when they will throw off their disguises and reclaim the Earth as their realm.

Dreams are a connection to the spirit world, and so I trust them.

Yes, but do you think that maybe some of them, originals or born through human and dragon/human matings would forget that they are dragons? Lost in a human body but feeling different and not even realizing what they are?
That could also be a possible origin for certain halflings.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:30 am 
i think that the whole part dragon is not real(unless a human has breaded with a dragon) and the only thing thats like that i beleive is lycanthorpy=werewolves. :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:32 am 
now the lycanthorpy theory of mine has been well studied so...DONT ARGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:35 am 

there you go a banner for my theory ( did use this banner three times before) and going on with my theory. a cross species of humans and dragons wouldnt be able to exist eg:the bones of a dragon mixed with human bones would be so brittle they would snap and a small fall. the cross species would die out in about a year. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:33 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Not necessarily. In genetics, the genes dont mix, especially not when its different species. So they would either gain the hollow bones of a dragon or the heavier bones of a human. Dependng on the size and other physical natures of the creature it would have a varieing success of living.

And if a dragon, lets say morphed, into a human form and mated with another human then it was still have a human body I beleive and would more likely just have the spirit of a dragon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:46 pm 
avena youve got a point but the species of a half human hakf dragon just would be against the laws of nature as well.think of it the two most powerful species in the universe (no offence martians :lol: ) fused into one. if that happened the species created would start fighting among themselves and destroy the earth. so we wouldnt want to be half dragon.
(well not realy) + the genetic material would be so strong that every birth the species would double in strength.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:52 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

werewolves wrote:
avena youve got a point but the species of a half human hakf dragon just would be against the laws of nature as well.think of it the two most powerful species in the universe (no offence martians :lol: ) fused into one. if that happened the species created would start fighting among themselves and destroy the earth. so we wouldnt want to be half dragon.
(well not realy) + the genetic material would be so strong that every birth the species would double in strength.

YOu dont know that would happen, assuming that the two species where genetically compatible the merging of the two could concievably be awya to bring the two races together by giving them something in common.

Also do not resurect dead threads.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:04 pm 
The Endless Prophet

Even if humans were to 'cross-breed' with dragons, the chances of a cross-breed being fertile are extremely low, such that it's practically inconceivable that a family or line of such creatures could exit without the deliberate intervention of some controlling entity, ensuring that the fertile ones among the new species were bred, not with others of their own, but with mates from one or the other of the parent species.

Heh. I said inconceivable. Heh.

Mah Griffon is © Todd Lockwood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:00 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

Location: On my blue SkyKing's back, the despaired moon showing our silouette against the ranks of dragons
If you are part dragon (rider) your soul is kind of melded with your dragon's

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:00 am 
The Endless Prophet

By your philosophy, perhaps, but mine says such would be impossible. Intertwined, maybe, but separate all the same.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:33 am 
British Redcoat

Yes, I'm resurecting it slightly but I *have* to put my opinions out in the sense that some of the one here are driving me up the wall.

Lycanthropy is a folklore term. The more socially aceptable term for a werewolf nowadays seems to be either therianthrope or contherianthrope- the only time I'll ever use the term 'lycan' is when I'm either watching an Underworld film or you've given me solid proof that they actually exist aside from mental/spiritual cases.

Clinical lycanthropy is a proven mental disease that causes the person to act like that animal. Look it up, I'm sure you'll find the video of the women crawling round all fours in her padded cell snarling at the camera. That kind of lycanthropy is dangerous, it can also be a sign of rabies. If you see someone trying to bite your hand off and salivating, for heavens sake, don't walk up and say 'Bite me please'. That makes as much sense as tieing a raw steak to your butt and walking out around Africa.

Airis: If you soul was 'blended', you wouldn't be able to die. Humans are MORTAL. We all scupper out someday- even mortal vampires (Sanguinarians) and werewolves have the normal lifespan of a human. Unless someone decides they'd make a good trophy, but that's another matter.

I'm done ^^

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:14 am 
The Endless Prophet

+ Silver - Orbs + wrote:
Yes, I'm resurecting it slightly ... you wouldn't be able to die. Humans are MORTAL.

First of all, I just have to know why you think this is even remotely related to necromancy... The thread was barely updated 4 hours earlier...

As for wouldn't be able to die... I'm not sure I believe that. Wouldn't be able to die naturally; wouldn't die for a very long time; those I'd say. I do think dragons can die, they just generally don't.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: dragons
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:29 pm 
I believe that dragon traits can be in ones body and soul but only subconsciously. unless a person gets in touch with their inner "dragon traits" you will never know they are there. when dragons existed they we not savage creatures. they were connected with humans but not fully trustworthy of them. dragons rarely completley connected with a human both spiritually and physically. when a person did succeed in fully connecting to a dragon they would stay together in spirit if not physically. both human and dragon able to not by choice feel each others emotions and feelings. i do believe someday a time of dragons will come again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:25 am 
Cererean Princess

Three months and Three weeks (roughly) it had been dead, and you resurrected it!

AKA: Please do not post in dead threads.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:51 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

Well, some people can, in other realms. Here, on Earth, There are said to be dragon riders. REAL dragons riders. But their mighty dragons are in another realm, connecting their rider to that realm, where they can visit in their sleep. It is to be said that when a true darong rider dies, they are transported to their realm, finally uniting with their dragon. Dragons will choose their rider at any time during their life.

message me if you want to discuss this but this is what someone told me

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:52 pm 
Cererean Princess

Er... what did I write before?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: yup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:36 pm 
there is an ancient chinese legend which tells us the world was created by a giant, Fu Xi, which hads lain in an egg for 18 000 years. he hatched and made the earth and heavens out of order and chaos. when this was done he collapsed into the ground and died. down from the heavens came a beautiful half-dragon goddess called Nu-Kua. She walked the earth forming humans out of mud and breathing life into them with pure love. She had a half dragon boyfriend too.

Post subject: ANyway...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:10 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

So, yes. End of thread.

Gods I love that title.

Last edited by John on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:10 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Hold On DR. I don't think Airis understood you.

Any registered users. It is against the laws of the board to post in any dead threads. (And if someone had posted something you don't agree with in a now-undead thread, tough. Don'/t reply.)

We can't do anything about Guests, but Registered will get their username revoked, aka get kicked off.

So...don't post.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile