Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:58 am

Post subject: hi new dragon lover
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:53 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

hi im dragonfly (obviously)
if any of you went on nationstates.net, im duchessa from haiku
i firmly believe that dragons still exist, are sentient, and are living underground until they feel humans have evolved enough to accept them
im a trekkie (but not original star trek. i like ds9, tng, voyager, enterprise, and i actually read the books)
i write poems a lot (currently working on a set of mythology poems, got 4 already - of course one's about dragons, the last stanza is my signature)
i wish i was an artist but its not to be
i dont think dragons are magic, i think they're intelligent life with control over every part of their brain (humans only use 10%) and that gives them "abilities"
yeah...i guess thats it...

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:58 pm 
Isitarian Legend

Heeey...I was on Nationstates, too! But for some odd reason, my nation got deleted....maybe because I hadn't logged on for like, three weeks? Bah, whatever.

Anyway, welcome to Dragnix. Have fun, but please try to avoid chatspeak and respesct the other users ;)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:10 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII welcome to the madness

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:06 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Welcome to the boards Dragonfly. Please read and obey the rules and I wish you enjoy your stay.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:41 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Ello there Call me wolfy manofthewolf or tyler. This is alot of fun,at least it is to me, so have fun but be respectful (I learned the hard way) So have fun thats an order.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:48 pm 
Tightwad

Only a select few are allowed to make orders. You aren't one of them. Go get me some lemonade.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:53 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Yes sir. *brings glass of yellow liquid* *mutters* hee hee :rooleyes: * says loudly* Here you are sir. :done:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:14 pm 
British Redcoat

Chalgrish wrote:
Only a select few are allowed to make orders. You aren't one of them. Go get me some lemonade.

LMA!!! :lol:

....yeah, i need sleep at 4am in the morning.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here -hands over a cookie- :)

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

*snickers* Only Chal can give orders...and only we can ignore them.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:00 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
the only orders we obey are the ones implanted into our heads by the aliens from mars that are now our doctors and nurses and when we are born they put a microchip in our heads so they can control us. lucky me i was able to get my microchip out when i was 5 when i fell off my bed and cracked my skull, that's when it fell out.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:33 pm 
British Redcoat

wut2say wrote:
the only orders we obey are the ones implanted into our heads by the aliens from mars that are now our doctors and nurses and when we are born they put a microchip in our heads so they can control us. lucky me i was able to get my microchip out when i was 5 when i fell off my bed and cracked my skull, that's when it fell out.

........ :shock: :lol:

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: hi new dragon lover
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:54 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

First off let me say Hi.

dragonfly wrote:
i dont think dragons are magic, i think they're intelligent life with control over every part of their brain (humans only use 10%) and that gives them "abilities".

I have to disagree with that atleast to a small degree they may not them selves be magic, but they can definatly use magic and use it well. I have seen people that can use magic, and i dont mean the slight of hand stuff like Siegfried and Roy. If they could of used real magic Roy wouldnt have been on menu for tiger food. Anyway My under standing of magic is its always there you just have to know how to access it and controll it which is easy for some virtually impossible for others. Not sure of reasons behind difference in ability to use and control other than possibly a difference in ways of thinking or beliefe in magic actually existing before they try. Faith that it will work before you try seems to be a big factor in my experience.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:25 pm 
British Redcoat

Barato wrote:
Anyway My under standing of magic is its always there you just have to know how to access it and controll it which is easy for some virtually impossible for others. Not sure of reasons behind difference in ability to use and control other than possibly a difference in ways of thinking or beliefe in magic actually existing before they try. Faith that it will work before you try seems to be a big factor in my experience.

Access and control magic...*snorts* You can't access and control a volcano, or an earthquake - same basically applies to most magic. (Wiccan/Pagan point of view here)

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:52 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

YAY!! Pagans!!

Since I refuse to lie I will only say what i know and out of expierence.

That out of the way I know little of the arcane ways but access and control sounds stupid(just my point of view,my opinion). So I will explain magic as I use it. I form a bond with a part of the Earth. Like if i was going to heal a burn I would form a bond with the Earth and find an aloe plant and sing about the plant over the wound. It works too. And to remove fear I simply find the opposite of that fear and sing about it.

Example: My friend has hydrophobia so everytime we are about to go swim or fish I will sing of a desert and sand.

Since I refuse to lie I will only say what i know and out of expierence.

Offline Profile