It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

Post subject: Hello there.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:03 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I'm Sivert3.

A small announcement first:
This place is awesome.

A bit about myself:
I'm from Norway and I fond this site while trying to find back to "Dragons from the Analog and Digital world". And I must admit, this place is hard to find (if you want a challenge you could try to find that reverse math function search engine I found years ago. You typed a number and it gave you 50 different ways of getting that number).
My hobby is mostly programming, Linux and sometimes 3D Computer Graphics. My interests are dragons, programming and electronics (which reminds me that I have school work to do).

I got PM by Marik who welcomed me to this forum but I can't find any way to reply. So I'll just answer here: thank you for greeting me welcome to this forum.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hello there.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:13 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

welcome sivert, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

and to prove that I welcomed you, have this little fake plastic Halloween sword. XD.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:00 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Runs up behind Sive and hithim over the head with a fruit basket. WELCOME! :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:24 am 
Cyberspace Addict

No problem 8) Thought the personal touch might encourage people to stay a bit more :P
I dabble a little in 3d Graphics myself, though not so much recently. What program do you use? I'm only really familiar with blender.
Feel free to start any topics you want in the general section (a fresh injection of topics would be overly welcomed ;) ) and any suggestions you give for getting this place more widely known would also be useful...

Welcome again friend.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Welcome Sivert Glad to have you here with us :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:08 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Thank you for the hall... (Gets hit in the head by a fruit basket)
Throws the sword back.

Well, I'm too only really familiar with Blender. For the moment the only active project is scales, since all the animated scales I've seen so far is just textures. (old testvid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guqlPff7fks)

Alredy started posting new stuff here. Just look for sintel in the arts section.

I must admitt this is a strange comunity. We have a wiki (http://wiki.dragnix.net), but there is only 3 people that know it exist: its creator Tempest, the one who got the idea, and a spammer for "buy term papers". It has 8 pages and was last editied 8 months ago.

Our main page has shown the same 403 Forbidden - this page is under construction since the dawn of beginning. The real index is hidden on another domain (http://www.colba.net/~tempest). There is only 8 pages that linkes to the index. 4 from our pages, one from the childrens section of a Norwegian library, one from an netheland production page, one from a teaching tips on slaying dragons (unm?) and the last on is to be found in the google directory under Society > Folklore > Literature > Tales > Fabulous Creatures > Dragons. The only seach term we can be found on google is "dragons" (without quotes).

About getting widley known. It migth have negative effects on the comunity. The amount of active users her is just low enugh for everyone to keep track of everything that happens. (except for the wiki discussion). I'ts diffrent to be on a message board with only a handfull of active users, as the daily post are few and you can follow everything that happens. If suddely 500 useres started posting it would take to much time to get updated, not to mention that somone has to maintain these forums (and spammers). Getting widley known will change a lot of thing, and a worst case scenario is that this place ends up deserted (just like draconian). We should think of that before we do anything.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:12 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

While we are aware of the dangers of being a large community, at present we are a VERY small community that is largely only semi active. This means the forum has grown a little stale without new people (such as yourself and we are glad you've come :) ). We used to have a decent size that struck a good balance, that's what we are trying to resurrect rather than becoming huge, as large forums are invariably horrible and badly modded places.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:06 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Happily eats the poised cokie from another dimesion, err... thread
And now wonders why someone gave me a poisened cokie? or more important, how many posts do I need to not be a Wanderer?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am 
Legendary Warrior

That is a good question Sivert, I don't know. Welcome to the boards and take comfort in the fact that I won't poison you... Yet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:47 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I will also not poison you and the answer is 0n page twelve of the members page once you have ordered them by posts

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 am 
Cyberspace Addict

@alondor: your attention to detail worries me greatly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:11 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Why on earth would my attention... oh look a seagull, i mean to detail bother you?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:44 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

@alondor: despite your completely irrevelant aswer you still managed to answer the question.

Which brings me to the antidope for the poison... Oh wait there a note in the box it came with: "Water", well I guess that was too simple.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 am 
Cyberspace Addict

How was the answer irrelevant? If anything it was oddly specific...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Does anyone ever read the subject lines?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:30 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I migth have missed completly, but cliked the wrong button and ended up posting a new thread instead of a reply. And obiusly I chose the wrong words to describe the situating Marik (I'm Norwegian)

But there is no point crying over every mistake.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:33 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Fair enough. Indirect would probably be a good choice of word... He didnt answer the question exactly but provided the means for you to do so.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: You are not reading this? I knew it!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:24 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

This reminds me of the 110 people that registered but never actualy posted anything, where did they go?

Can somone delete my second thread in the Introduction forum since i have a feeling that it will stay there for a very, very, very long time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:39 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
...and....I'm going to randomly jump in here in the middle of the conversation.

I may have eaten all those who never posted...who knows. I get hungry somethimes it could happen. Either way....they're just not here....missing out on such joys of life as which exist here.

...ok...ya'll can return to your conversation now....

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Speaking of randomly bursting in....... nah i won't i'll just sit here in this corner nice and quiet like......... :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:05 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Speaking of random: Did you know the font colour selector on the right in the post editor is a complete 5x5x5 rgb colour cube. The colours are divided in 5 slices of the cube where left and right is less and more blue, up and down is less and more green and slice up and slice down is less and more red. The diagonal from top slice, top left to botom slice, bottom right is thus shades of grey.

It's simple to navigate through once you know its secrets. Just figure rughfly how much of each base colour in the colour you want, then move to the desired position. An example: The 5 shades of grey (0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%) consist of equal amount of red, green, and blue. We can find them in the positions 1.1.1, 2.2.2, 3.3.3, 4.4.4, and 5.5.5 where the first number is the amount of red, the second is green and the third is blue. For the color 4.2.4 (violet) we move 3 slices down (amount of red), ending on the second last slice. 1 position down in (amount of green) and 4 position to the lelft (amunt of blue).

If this is to complicated/limited then just pick the colour you want with this colour picker, copy the hexcode located directly above the colour picker, press any font colour button and replace the hexnumber after the color=# with the one from the colour picker. (ie. [color=#replace this]your coloured text[/color]).

Last edited by Sivert3 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:05 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

NVM.. please delete

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:51 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Seems I'm a bit late on welcoming the new person. Well anyways, welcome to the message board. Have a doughnut. *offers a doughnut to Sivert3*

I also do a bit of programming every now and then. I used to be able to program in Java, Python, and Visual Basic. Now I'm lucky if I can create basic programs in VB. I found this site by looking for information on dragons by using the search engine, Excite (don't like Google or Yahoo). Luckily I saved the welcome email or I'd probably never be able to get here again.

Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here and remember to always lift with your legs not you back.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:36 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Nom, nom. Thanks for the tasty donghnut.

I once found an reverse math seach. You typed in a number, and it returned over 50 different equations that derived that number. Everything from constants to complex equations. Just like wolfram Alpha. But I did not save the link, and it's practically unseachable. Lost in the deep places of the internet.

Does anybody find the fancy fontcolours usefull? Or do they just slow down the reading speed?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:48 pm 
DragonBullet

it's nice to have you here i do a bit of programming my self unfortunatly the computer i'm on is a desktop with i mini mother bourd so can't program at home only in class and all we do is visual basic windows apps (not mutch of a challange i even did the hardest one in the book alone) anyways have a soda (or is it toxic waste oh well.....) :computer:

Image black Image vampire! Image nebula Image red

Offline Profile