Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm

Post subject: Greetings, fellow Dragon Lovers, I am Sither...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:34 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Greetings, fellow Dragon Lovers, I am Sither. Long have a searched for a dragon site worthy of my registry, and I have found one at last.

Ok, back to modern syntax. Like I said, my name is Sither, and I finally found a forum I like. People seem to be nice here, that's why I signed up. Most people are jerks online (If your reading this, that means YOU, Arkonviox) I also signed up because I am insanely obsessed with Dragons. I'll tell you all this now, and I am dead serious, I WOULD DIE FOR A DRAGON. I 100% mean that. I would protect a Dragon with my life, no matter what. Got that? Good. Noone else knows how deep my love for Dragons goes, not even my parents. Now that I finally found someone who understands, you won't be able to get me to shut up.

A little background on me. I'm not going to put a lot here because my mom has made me paronoid about online preditors, but heres what I will tell you. I spend most of my time in my own head, so I guess I live there. I am into anything fantasy, especially if it's epic. My favorite style of music is alternitive rock and metal. I talk too much, as you can see. I'm planning on being an author, so I might put some of my stories on this site. My favorite color is black. My favorite animals are as follows in this order. Dragon, Gryphon, Velcoraptor, Shark, and dolphins and whales. My favorite band used to be Dragonforce, but I found a much better band called Stratovarious. One of thier songs has given me an idea for a novel and I am working on that. I have a lot of free time so I will come here often.

My username is Sither because of a short story I wrote in my english class. The story was called Blue Demon. It was about a group of five prehistoric Mako Sharks who, at the end of the cratacious, freeze themselfs in a cave so they can avoid actually experincing thier deaths. They lived on another planet, btw. So Eventually that part of the planet beaks off and becomes a metorite. It lands, as you may have guessed, on Earth.

The metorite is discovered when a drilling crew at RX-Tech mines smashes thier drill bit on the thing. Meanwhile a goverment offical, Jimmy Halugf , and his whinny partner, Sammi Moon, get called back to the millitary base. There Jimmy is instructed to explore inside the metorite. Another drilling team, this time using a diamond tipped drill, open the metorite. Jimmy goes inside and is suprised to discover an elaboritely carved cave system. There are three levels in the metorite and when Jimmy gets to the top he discovers the sharks.

At this point in the story I switch over to the sharks pinto of you during the cretacious and stay until I'm back to where I was. The next part I tell is when the sharks wake up. I switch back and forth a couple more thimes and thats the story, in a nutshell. If you guys want to read it that badly I will put it on here but a really don't feal like re-typing it here. It was twelve freaken pages long. So much for short.

So that's basically my introduction. I hope I didn't bore you too much.

"What these humans seem to have forgotton is that it is they who forced us to fight, not the other way around," Arock, leader of the sither team.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:28 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Welcome to the message board. Have a doughnut. *offers Sither a doughnut* Make sure to tie your shoes, lest you trip over your own feet.

Beware of other peoples food (especially cookies). Hope you enjoy it here.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:50 am 
Cererean Princess

Noooooo! *dives and knocks the donut out of flege2's hand* Don't eat it!

*gets back up and dusts off* Well, hello, welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay, and Dolphins beat Mako sharks easily. It's the intelligence, see. Creatures I make, design, and build will probably rate up there as well.

You'd die for a Dragon, eh? So when the military have all their weapons pointed at the Dragon... you'd stand in front of it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:11 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Absolutly I would stand in front of them without hesitation, though it probally wouldn't make much of a diffrence anyway.

"What these humans seem to have forgotton is that it is they who forced us to fight, not the other way around," Arock, leader of the sither team.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:36 am 
Godsin Queen

oh well hello!

welcome to the boards!

and since we'er having sharing time, although I'm sure all the other members are getting sick of hearing it by now......

I'm a 20 year old free lance writer who has yet to mannage to get anything seriously published, but I am working on that. I have a wonderful husband that at one time was also on the boards but lost interest in them and I haven't managed to get him back on since. We have a beautiful 11month old baby boy together and we live a rather quite life in the country. I get on the boards as much as possible when I can, and right now I don't have my own computer anymore so I'm unable to get on alot. When I do get on I post a lot in the rping section, but I mostly just post where ever I feel the desire to within reason of course.

hee hee, figureed I'd make you read after trying to read that rather lenthy paragragh you had in yur opening lol.

Again welcome to the boards and whatever you do don't eat the welcome cake lol!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:34 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Hello, Pandora. I'm a free lance writer who hasn't managed to get anything seriously published too. I think writing long paragraphs comes with that. Notice I use grammer and spell moderitlivly well. I'm currently trying to write a novel, though I'm sure you understand how hard that is.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:03 pm 
Cererean Princess

Quote:
spell moderitlivly well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't write long paragaphs. You write short paragraphs, but don't seperate them into paragraphs.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:20 pm 
G.E.E.K.

I have dabbled in writing and I welcome you here

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:15 pm 
Godsin Queen

well, good spelling doesn't necasarly make you a good writer. It helps but it's not a requirment. Especialy now that we have such great helpers like spell check.

What matters really is how good of a storyteller you are.

At least that's what I believe.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:39 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I would have to agree with that. Why else would publishing companies have editors go over books. And still you will find mistakes in books.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:47 pm 
Matrix Operator

Wow, we're all like one big happy family. :love:

As for me, I can crush boulders with my skull, blast fireballs out my ears, and my breath can skeletonize a cow at a hundred paces.

As for writing, don't believe the others, editors are really vampires, rejecting your manuscript until the enthusiasim is drained from your lifeless corpse.

Welcome.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:10 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
to the dying for dragons by standing in front of weapons enough humans would make the dragon safe

[b]PROTECT!!!![/b]

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:51 am 
Cererean Princess

Enough humans? Enough humans would, I suppose, make it safe as the military wouldn't be allowed to attack them, for fear of killing citizens.

Quote:
As for me, I can crush boulders with my skull, blast fireballs out my ears, and my breath can skeletonize a cow at a hundred paces.
We could have done with that before, when facing off those vamps.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 pm 
Matrix Operator

Nah, that'd be too easy.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:16 pm 
Cererean Princess

Well, I'm Artemis the Huntress (born Tobias Holbrook, which is still my legal name), and I like mythology, especially the Greek stuff (although Celtic and Norse stuff is quite good).

I like writing, as I've said, and have about 20-30 stories on the go (but they're currently on the massive array of backburners I have).

I want to colonize space, and I don't care what anyone else thinks, I will.

I hate society, due to its composition ie mostly bigots, although most claim otherwise and have deluded themselves that they aren't. They also have the nasty habit of calling me narrow-minded, and not realising that it's actually their own narrow-mindedness which is preventing them from being able to see that I'm not narrow-minded. I'm behind them and above them, and so outside their limited cone of vision.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:24 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Welcome to the forums Sither!!
Its great to hear about your great passion for dragons, I believe that its good for people to express themselves and show courage to stand up for what they believe in.
I can see that you will be posting here a lot and that will help bring the board back to life. (its getting there guys, keep it up!!!)
And I liked your stories, you have a great imagination. I think everyone should upload more of their stories, if they write any. I surprised at how many writers we have here!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:24 pm 
The king of kings

Location: in my house on the internet.....what a useless question
Welcome to Dragnix, hope you stay, you seem like a good guy, try and help us get dragnix back to a good level of activity again :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Hello. I'm a dragonfish and I'm not crazy whatsoever.

Really, I'm not.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:46 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Long-winded introduction, I respect that. Welcome to the boards Sither and always remember that the film, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, was originally entitled “Headcheeseâ€￾, but was changed at the last minute. Does that fact have to do with anything? No, I just thought it would be something awkward to say.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:16 pm 
Cererean Princess

Right....

[pause=awkward][/pause]

Don't you just hate it when you put in BB codes but what you want to encompass is outside them?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:52 pm 
Matrix Operator

:hijacked:

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 pm 
G.E.E.K.

This is exactly why I love coming here.... It reminds me so much of the interesting topics my friends and I cover during our lunch.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Greetings, fellow Dragon Lovers, I am Sither...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

[quote="Sither"]Most people are jerks online (If your reading this, that means YOU, Arkonviox)[/quote]

Who the hell are you again?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:27 pm 
Cererean Princess

Have you been annying anyone online?

The way you appeared all of a sudden and this is your first post makes me suspect that you do know who she (I suspect Sither is a she, got nothing to back it up though, and please don't feel offended if you're a guy, Sither) is.

Offline Profile