Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am

Post subject: My introduction to you.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:30 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

My name is Shawna, i'm 16 and female of course.

Lets see. I like to do alot of different things, i'm a total nature nut and love climbing trees and wish I could fly so much! The sky looks so inviting. I just dont trust machinery at all. I havent even ridden a rollercoaster except for one little one my dad forced me on. I love to read as well and am always looking for new books to add to my ever growing collection. Photography always gets my interest but people are a boring subject, I'd rather not take pictures of them.

I love dragons. My collection of dragon statues, books, posters, pictures, and more is growing steadily but *sigh* no money, no new things. XD I found this awesome wall statue in Hot Topic, they have really cool stuff, of a chinese type dragon that comes in three peices that goes in and out of your wall.

Oops, got off of subject. XD I'll end it here then. And call me Avanea. Its my pen name as well as a bit of a spirit name. I cant quite find mine yet but this comes close to it. Its slightly off in feeling though. Anyways, HI!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:04 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Yeah, who would like to photograph humans anyway?

Unless they're your enemies of course, than you take photos to embarrass them! :twisted: :roll:

Anyway, yeah, after that random thought, my name is Jish, and I like dragons!

Now that we're through the obvious bit, I also like reading(my teacher actually gave me an award way back in second grade because I failed a few projects because I kept sneaking my nose back into a book), anime, manga(comic books), video games(as long as they aren't too shallow and pedantic), and finally writing and role-playing, which I tend to tie into one.

And great, I'm off topic now, so WELCOME TO THE MOST AWESOME BOARD ON THE PLANET! I really wish 'awesomest' was a word...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:25 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

What books are your favorites? My friends and little brother call me a bookworm cause I read alot.

Dont worry, off topic isnt that bad. lol I do it alot sometimes when I start to ramble and talk and all that. And manga's are Japanese comic books. :P I'm alot like you as well.

psstt....I make up my own words all the time anyways. Have fun. XD

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:37 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Well, I just finished Harry Potter #7, am waiting patiently for Empire(Inheritance Book 3), I've read all the Artemis Fowl books, which aren't too bad, same with His Dark Materials Trilogy. I thought The Series of Unfortunate Events books were a bit below my grade level, but enjoyed reading them anyways. Right now I am trying Earthsea and Mystic Warrior, which seem okay so far.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:29 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I havent gotten the new Harry Potter yet, not that all hyped about it really. I'm waiting more for Empire and for Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, I love her books. Artemis Fowl's good but I havent read any since middle school and I loved His Dark Material's books. Did you know the first one is gonna be a movie in December? I cant wait!! :D I've heard about Earthsea and I wanna read it but I can't find it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:59 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Well the Author of Earthsea is Ursula K. LeGuin if that helps. Also if you want to know what the series is about Sci fi has a little miniseries about it.

And yeah, I know about The Golden Compass's movie premiere, but hope they do it justice.

Oh, and what's Eclipse about? Is it like Heroes?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Well its the third in a series and the first two are Twilight and New Moon. Its about a girl who falls in love with a vampire and they go through all these problems like another vampire tries to kill her and in the second book, Edward, the vampire she loves ends up leaving to try and ease her pain and all this other stuff happens. Its really really good. I'm DIEING to read the next one. And Earthsea is called The Wizard of Earthsea. I looked it up. XD

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:04 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sounds okay, I'm not really into Vampire books though, a little to cliche for my tastes. I'm not saying that they're not good or anything, a few of them are.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I'm not usually into them either, dragons are tons better, but this one is....very very good. My friends had begged me for at least a year to read it and I just never got around to it and then I finally broke down and got it to read. OMG! I know why they were so excited about it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:19 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Well for what audience is it for? Just girls, or is it an equally good read for boys as well?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:22 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I would say its good for guys as well cause although its from the girl's point of view and it is a romance typically, it has pretty good fight scenes. I guess for that you'd have to find out yourself. I'm more of a tomboy than anything but I still dont know how a guy would like it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:27 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Well I guess I'll just have to give it a shot then. I'm not sure exactly what I'd look for either. Probably it will come down to how engrossing it is when I pick it up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:30 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

She's very good at showing the emotions of her characters. Its first person from Bella's point of view. In my stories and music I can never show that much emotion, its too close to how I feel most times. I dont like revealing that much, although I can do pretty well with my poetry.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:24 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Location: Somewhere with one bare foot in reality, the other in mystery, and my head in the clouds.
well this is a bit old now but still, hi!! :P

from your introduction i can see you are quite special. :) ;)

http://DragonsMaiden.bebo.com

:D Thanks! :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:02 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I geuss we got kinda off subject huh? :lol: But HI! I've never really thought of myself as special. I'm average at some things and suck at others. XD Nah, I just do what comes naturally to me.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:10 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Hello!!! Welcome to the forums! I guess everyone here loves dragons, so youll fit right in :wink: Anyway, enjoy your stay here, itll be fun, my collection of dragon statues hasnt been expanding recently...hmmm :(

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:37 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Welcome to the message board Avanea. Have a doughnut. *offers Avanea a doughnut* Remember to use a bookmark, instead of bending the corner of a book, to mark where you are.

I used to be an avid reader but haven't found any good books to read lately. I'm waiting for my friend's mom to finish Harry Potter 7 so I can borrow it, and I am also waiting for the third book of the Inheritance series to come out.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:15 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Yeah, hi, i'm tyler and love the vikings and saxon era along with all history before the 1500s. I enjoy reading too and love fiction adventure action. I have the 7th Harry Potter but have yet to read it and am in no rush to. I wait day by day for Empire along with many on this site. I love Nancy Farmer books but don't know if she hasn't published many or I just can't find them. The two I have read are The Sea of Trolls and The House of the Scorpion. Anyone who likes fiction should check them out. I cant remember the series' name but also love Wolf Brother. I am currently working towards one of my lifetime goals of learning Old Norse. People on my side of the computer tend to think i'm weird because I am 6'2" way 245lbs and can bench 227 but would rather sit in class with my nose rammed in a history book.

There now you know all about me.Have fun and follow the rules and I have a sneaking suspicion you will fit right in here like the piece you always need in Tetris.

In the meantime, Kanskje Tyr vokte din hjertet og din avkom være kraftig og kanskje du dø vidunderlig.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:26 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

OMG! If I find out anyone I've talked to dog ears books I swear! :evil: That is one of the WORST habits for anyone in the world! I always warn my friends when they borrow books(which is alot) that they better not dogear or damage it in any way. I'm very protected about my stuff, especially my books. *hugs my overabundant library of books*

Well I'll look up the Wolf Brother book, I love wolves as well, and I'm not in a hurry to read the Harry Potter books either. I'm not really into history much, its all just stupid wars and idiotic people to me. I'll be sure to check out those books as well. Theres also one I'm looking for called The Book of Witchcraft by umm...well I cant remember his name. Richard something, thats a none fiction. I'm a pagan so I'm reading up on more of that type of stuff, more an instinct/common sense thing for me than a religion/faith thing.

In my school we can only pick German or Spanish to learn. *growls and grumbles* I would love to learn Japanese or Celtic, something different.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:33 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

But yea, I might not be able to get on much cause of living problems with my parents and a trip to visit my grandparents in delaware. So I apologize in advance. I'll get on when I can though. :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:34 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I used to dog ear books when I was younger. I didn't realise they damaged the book. I'd be kinda mad if someone dog eared one of my Star Trek books, but then again, I'm the only person who reads them.

Bleh I hate history. Why bother learning it when we'll only repeat it. Me thinks I need to research more religions. So many I don't know anything about. Heh I don't even know much about my own religion (and frankly I don't care to learn more about it).

I haven't looked into what my college teaches on the language front yet. I know they teach ASL and I think they teach English. I've tried to teach myself Kanji but found out I'm a terrible self-teacher.

That's alight. If you haven't noticed, I haven't posted anything outside this forum and even then it's sporadic. Have fun in Delaware.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:29 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

I don't even bookmark my books, I just kind of skip pages and skim for where I left off, mostly because I always lose my bookmark. :oops:

Anyway, also if anyone wants to take up Japanese, try:

www.kanacards.com

That is a good way to learn, though I keep putting it off myself. Darn you self-discipline!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:25 am 
Well Avanea I wasn't gonna say anything but I am also pagan (Asatruic Druid, If anyone wants more detail please feel free to ask) and this site has always been really good on not pushing religions or knocking them too much, however I once had a clash with somebody that didn't turn out as well as it could have. Dig around for it if your curious I don't remember.

When I say history I refer to Vikings, Saxons, Nors, Angles, the celts, etc etc. Basically all of old northern europe and all prehistory stuff is cool too. I like to be able to point stuff out in movies and say " Pssht naw." One movie nooone who knows anything about vikings should watch is the pathfinder. SO MANY FLAWS!!! :evil:

I'm learning Old Norse online same as jish did or is doing online with japanese. It took me a while to find a good site cause I always compared the sites to a number of translations in modern Norweigan and not many came close so, yeah it took me a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:04 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Its cool to find someone else thats pagan as well as I am. I'm more of a neopagan than other types. The roman/greek and mostly native american beleifs. Its just mainly the nature based life style that draws me to it all.

But even then, i'm not really into history much. Just battle after battle in wars that are over stupid human problems that could be solved easily if people would stop being idiots.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:47 am 
Legendary Warrior

Welcome to the boards Avanea. Please read the rules, enjoy your stay, post lots, and always remember that there are more than 300,000 fast food restaurants in the U.S.

Offline Profile