Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:43 am

Post subject: Greetings from Bangkok
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:24 am 
Master Old Dragon

Just wanted to stop and say Hi on my way to Syndy. Damn this keyboardis so small. Anyway, hope you people are enjoying the quiet with out me. Stupid plan is half an hour late. All right bye!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:32 am 
Master Old Dragon

Yay! Alorith! Hewo!

Lol, first to reply here... You know your post count is going to be low compared to everyones when you get back... Are you going to have a computer in Australia you can work from?

And the smell of a world that has been burned...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:45 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Hey man! We stopped off in Singapore when we went to Melbourne, I hope Bangkok is just as...clean.

And you know Alorith, he'll have a higher post count than all of us within a week of getting to a computer.

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:27 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Hi Alorith! The place already feels so empty without you here. lol. I hope your vacation is amazing. I have resorted to making my own clothing and playing solitaire out of the sheer bordom that comes with summer. Normally I wouldn't share this in a post but since Serenity has already informed the ENTIRE board, one more person knowing can't hurt. lol.

And don't worry, as of now my post count is 14. :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:33 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Now it's fifteen! Muahahahahaha...

Just thought you should know.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: hiya
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:04 pm 
Hola! How´s it going? I´m in mexico everyone and found a working computer. Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi. And, Serenity, the only reason you wrote that e-mail was to make your post count go higher, so there *Medea sticks her toung out at Serenity*. Anyway, since I´m paying for the half-hour I have to go. I will be back on in a few days though. Tootles! Oh, and have a great trip WD, I mean Alorith. lol.

Post subject: Seeya!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:03 am 
Legend of Old

Bye Alorith! Tell me if you like Syndy! Medea I always wanted to go to mexico is it nice?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:11 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Okay I found a working Internet place here, 'cept it's actually a internet cafe which I'm given to understand are all over the place. I won't bore you with what I did when I got here, so instead I'll tell you of a few stories of interest. Well at least I found them interesting.

For starters the public transportation system is very well run but approximately 30 percent of the bus drivers are wack jobs. My dad claims that at least a couple of times the drover simply passes him by and gives him the finger rather than stops and pick him up.

The world famous Sydney Opera house is nowhere near impressive as one is made to believe is the postcards. For starters the roof is dull brown rather than the brilliant white you always see. Granted the sky wasn't blue, which normally helps but still. . . (None blue sky also brings me to my next thing). I've heard that the interior is garbage and the plywood walls make anything being preformed sound terrible (the poor interior design was due to the original designer walking off during construction). As a bit a interesting Trivia, a group of people painted 'NO WAR' on the side of it in huge letters as a protest to the war in Iraq. They were fined the cost of cleaning it up. However, they had snow globes created with the opera house in it with the 'NO WAR' on the side. They sold enough to become quite rich.

Weather. Pretty boring subject, no? Anyway, Australia has been going through a drought for the past year or so. This means that when we arrive it becomes rainy and even as I type its storming. No bother though, since this is pretty much Oregon for me.

I’ll stop here since I doubt many of you even read this to begin with.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:06 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

lololololol! No, this is great! It's like one of those shows on PBS with the old guy that travels around and comments, but interesting. You should definitly keep on going.

Things are the same as always here. Turmoil, disension, laughs...yep, your everyday soap opera (minus the laughing).

Medea! I can't wait until you come back either! Is your spanish improving any? How about yours Alorith (lol)?

(I might actually reach a post count of 20 by the time you get back Alorith)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:22 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

No WDA is more like Uncle Travailing Matt. Good to hear you are there safe. Now you can go out at night and see the Southern Cross, and other things which can't come to my mind right now.

Another thing stay away from all animals, I think every thing there has venom. Some of the things can kill you just by being in the same time zone. Just kidding, but I am serous too, there are a lot of things there that can kill you fast with one bite.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Hiya
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:36 pm 
Ok, when you are there, you need to see if the toilets flush in the opposite direction too! I hear that they do. Here they don´t, but I´m still north of the equator. *Everybody gives Medea a strange look* What, it´s true!! lol. I will tell you guys more about my trip, if you want to hear it of course, when I get back and have more time to just cruise the internet. That sounds. . . interesting Alorith. Glad that you arrived safely though! I hope that you have fun. Keep writing while you´re gone, otherwise we´ll all miss you. lol. Well, ttyl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:14 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

They don't, give me a little bit and I will post a link that tells about it.

I got the link from here. This is a great site.
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/coriolis.html
Read this.
http://www.ems.psu.edu/~fraser/Bad/BadCoriolis.html

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:29 am 
Master Old Dragon

With out looking at the scientific reason or acknowledging vampires response I will tell you that I have no way of determining if the toilets flush the opposite way or not, as they don't flush like ours. Instead they flood with water is such a way you suspect it is about to flood.

As for some other things I can't see squat in the night sky since I am in the city (of Sydney) and the lights kill the night sky. Speaking of the city, the battle against the roaches is futile. To win you must learn their languets, understand their culture and breed with there woman. In time your differences will be forgotten. Family Guy anyone?

Also about the city. If you have any need for beer/ale/stout then go to Lord Nelson's. best damn ale I've ever had.

I had some more things on my mind, but as my parents and some people who's house I am at right now (I'll explain that some other time) insist on me drinking a bottle of wine, I'm a bit 'forgetful' right now.

Nothing like using dial-up again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:24 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I have an idea to solve the toilet problem! with complete disregard to Vampires explanation. WD you should stick your head in a toilet, flush it, then see which way your hair goes. and if it doesn't work it was still funny as mess..

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:13 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

If Alorith does it than you have to as well Draches, so we can compare!

Pictures would be fun....lolololol.

(Do either of you have enough hair to move in one direction or the other?)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:36 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

In RL most definately. lol. but Draches, i'm sad to report is bald... hmm, though it would be cool to see him with White hair... hmm... so many ideas pop into my head on how to accomplish this through someones unwilling thread... mwahahaha!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:28 pm 
Tightwad

I died my hair white last week! still has blonde at the base, but it really looks cool

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:55 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I used too have long hair. Then I shaved it all off. Now, it's the average length for guys in Australia which is about an inch long.

Offline Profile