Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Post subject: Dragonkin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

For the less informed, dragonkin is people with the spiritual belief that one is connected to, associated with, or is a dragon in the past, present or future. But mostly the belief that one is a dragon. Spiritually. This is different from dragon identities (for the lack of a better word) who communicate as if they were dragons, refuses to deliver any proof of them actually being dragons, and openly discuss dragon related issues such as humans getting stuck in their teeth.

It appears that the dragonkin community is split in two. The side that acknowledges that no one has ever seen a dragon, and no will probably ever will. And the side that speaks of dragons as if they are commonplace. I've been in touch with the former, which describes the latter as "wishy washy crazy heads". Both sides share a crazy affection for dragons.

Which brings me to the question. Is dragonkin crazy? Could it be considered a religion? And if so, wouldn't all religions be equally crazy?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dragonkin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:19 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Is dragonkin crazy? No, not all of them. Am I the crazy dragonkin? Yes, I'm pretty sure that I'm not very sane. I'm not only insane, I'm also smarter than most people think, so be afraid, be very afraid.
Is dragonkin a religion? I don't think so, although I'm not sure what to call it. I guess you could treat it like one, but I dunno.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:30 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Wait a minute, is there anyone here whos not dragonkin?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
I am not a dragonkin per se. I have a fondness in my heart for everything to deal with dragons and I would love to meet one. However I liken myself more to a wolf than a dragon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:03 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:44 am 
Cererean Princess

I'm not dragonkin...

How many dragonkin are species dysphoric? How many would literally become dragons, once humanity achieves full morphological freedom?

I don't doubt that there are many people who see themselves as being more dragon than human, as it were.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:07 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Once humans achieve? Isn't that a bit optimistic? Anyway I don't regard myself as dragonkin. The amount of axioms and assumptions that would have to be tumbled over just to make such nonsense belief possible for me, is not justified by "dragon".

I'm not unsatisfied with being human. While sure being a dragon would be cool, I don't think living the daily life as one would be anything but terrible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:47 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:33 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I would, actually, become a full Dragon. I hope this was an accident, and not a punishment, but it might be either one. Although I seem to be cursed with faulty reincarnations, like putting me, a pyromaniac in the body of a water Dragon.So yeah, I find this a curse.
And no, I'm not on any other sites, but I might sign up sometime.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm 
Cererean Princess

How big? I'm not sure we'll be able to afford an autodoc big enough if you're going for the whale sized one... if you're planning on flying, though, you won't be. Unless we get much improved muscle fibres.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:28 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Not much bigger than a horse in body size. Wingspan was usually a bit bigger than popular media suggests. The only whale sized ones were the real deep-sea Dragons, and I've only heard stories about those. The giant land based Dragons were made up by those annoying knights just to get attention.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:18 pm 
Cererean Princess

Hmmm... asdf, you are claiming to have previously been a Dragon in another life, right?

As far as mysticism and religion goes, I tend towards the philosophy of Sun Tzu as regards relying on it as a source of information...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:30 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

@BeneathTheStarlight36: I'm kinda semi-western myself.

@dragonrider: wow, how long did it take you to figure that out?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:33 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I reached the conclusion that there was no way to verify a past life. As such I never explored that direction. Nor have found a way to verify a dragon identity. I've thrown the whole thing away several times, but one thing I can be certain of is that it will return in some way. I can't really explain it, I'm just strongly attached to dragons for some reason.

One thing dragonkin and religion have in common is that neither of them is able to produce any shred of objective proof of their spiritual belief or deity. It is all based on faith. Which most of the otherkin comunity accept to some degree.

I realise that in this regard, religion is the same as dragonkin. And to attack it would be the same as to attack a religion. Which I don't do. For me you are free to believe in whatever you want, as long as it does not harm others.

This was written on my phone.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:16 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:16 am 
Matrix Operator

Now see, I miss interesting discussions like this. ^-^

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:59 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The phantom limbs thing happens to me. I walk in feeling all dragony, stand a few feet away from a shelf/table/whatever, turn my back and somehow knock a bunch of stuff over without touching it. It's really annoying sometimes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:34 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:17 pm 
Matrix Operator

As far as asdf's post... I'm genuinely curious. How does one distinguish between these sensations as legitimate feelings and tactile hallucinations/schizophrenia?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:15 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

It's probably not hallucinations if I really paid for three broken jars of pasta sauce, just saying.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:43 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:09 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Sivert3 wrote:
For the less informed, dragonkin is people with the spiritual belief that one is connected to, associated with, or is a dragon in the past, present or future. But mostly the belief that one is a dragon. Spiritually. This is different from dragon identities (for the lack of a better word) who communicate as if they were dragons, refuses to deliver any proof of them actually being dragons, and openly discuss dragon related issues such as humans getting stuck in their teeth.

It appears that the dragonkin community is split in two. The side that acknowledges that no one has ever seen a dragon, and no will probably ever will. And the side that speaks of dragons as if they are commonplace. I've been in touch with the former, which describes the latter as "wishy washy crazy heads". Both sides share a crazy affection for dragons.

Which brings me to the question. Is dragonkin crazy? Could it be considered a religion? And if so, wouldn't all religions be equally crazy?

Dragonkin in general? Probably not though there are the more extremist form of them that I met that took the ideology way too far for my personal tastes and acted very much like the side that speaks about dragons as though they were a common place. This side holds an equal if not higher number of members than the former (which I have still yet to meet) and they are also a lot more vocal and noticeable.

Would I call it a religion? No but I would call it a "cult" or a "small religious group" instead since it's member base is not as commonly seen or known in modern society even though it does seem quite large on the online community. Even so it's just not closely connected enough for me to honestly call it a full fledged religion, nor does it hold any form of religious place of "sanctuary"(a temple, church, monastery, ect...) for more religious practices. It lacks order and structure though it is a commonly shared idea and like Christianity and any other religion in the olden days, it does have great potential to grow. Sadly though, for now, no.

Yes and no. Religion is nothing more than a set of structured beliefs that a large group of individuals follow. Even so, since it is completely up to the individual on how to practice and what that set of beliefs mean to them. In the end it's all faith, beliefs and interpretation. So there is no proof of anything and is all up to the individual on how much of that religious or cultistic faith that they should need to partake in to reach the end result that they wish. It doesn't matter if a person is Jewish, christian, Buddhist, Satanist or even Dragonkin, they all believe in what they do for some form of spiritual enlightenment and in turn their beliefs tend to make them stronger and happier. I see no harm in that or any form of mental instability from this.

Sivert3 wrote:
Wait a minute, is there anyone here whos not dragonkin?

I am Jewish though I was once a Dragonkin and was happy about it for some time. Reason why I stopped being a Dragonkin was mostly because of other Dragonkin because I then realized my own foolishness and theirs and as I said before the former group was something I never met... just the latter and my beliefs were against theirs. Not only that but views of dragons differed greatly and the Dragonkin's descriptions all varied which made them all lose credibility as well.

In turn however I did keep some similar beliefs that the Dragonkin held. I do believe that my soul is shaped like a dragon's and thus is a Dragon's. This is because a soul is said to be energy and energy can take whatever shape it wishes, thus meaning that when I die I'd be a dragon and soar. I also believe that angels are also dragons since no human ever saw one and personally I'd rather be with dragons than a bunch of nearly naked or horribly robed men, women and children with giant bird wings (going by Renascence art here) on them when it comes to the afterlife. I do think that the majority of Dragons on earth were killed off though like Dragonrider I also think the Dragons ascended into another plain of existence.

So there is that and in the end it's good enough for me since it's all belief and faith. :)

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:11 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

according to a Christian account of the afterlife, angels are human-shaped. i can't say about Judaism.

would you mind elaborating a bit on the other plane of existence idea?

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile