Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Post subject: Re: Dragonkin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:21 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

BeneathTheStarlight36 wrote:
according to a Christian account of the afterlife, angels are human-shaped. i can't say about Judaism. though certainly i believe non-evil beings, even though not on an angelic level, can still be dragons. i'm about as draconic as a human being can get, and i'm not aligned with negative forces.

would you mind elaborating a bit on the other plane of existence idea?

Judaism is the father of Christianity so it's likely that they are the same. Even so, I know that both books were written by man and as what was stated before several times, we exaggerate things or lie to make us seem like the "nearly flawless, chosen children of got that we are." So I wouldn't be shocked if angels, like souls are energy based as well and can take whatever shape they want though as I said, I would prefer dragons lol.

As for your question, no I wouldn't mind though in all honesty I have no idea what this form of existence is. It could be better than our current one, it could be worse. It's all a surprise and I doubt we'll ever find out.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:52 pm 
Matrix Operator

Drakel wrote:
according to a Christian account of the afterlife, angels are human-shaped. i can't say about Judaism. though certainly i believe non-evil beings, even though not on an angelic level, can still be dragons. i'm about as draconic as a human being can get, and i'm not aligned with negative forces.

would you mind elaborating a bit on the other plane of existence idea?

Judaism is the father of Christianity so it's likely that they are the same. Even so, I know that both books were written by man and as what was stated before several times, we exaggerate things or lie to make us seem like the "nearly flawless, chosen children of got that we are." So I wouldn't be shocked if angels, like souls are energy based as well and can take whatever shape they want though as I said, I would prefer dragons lol.

As for your question, no I wouldn't mind though in all honesty I have no idea what this form of existence is. It could be better than our current one, it could be worse. It's all a surprise and I doubt we'll ever find out.

According to the actual faiths they aren't written by men, but by God. And angels aren't that human. The closest is described as having a human-like body with four faces on their heads and six wings. The cherubim are described as being "great wheels of wings and eyes" and the archangels aren't even described at all; all we know is that their appearance is so terrifying that every human reacts by immediately prostrating themselves, though they CAN disguise themselves as humans for a while.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:15 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

--

Last edited by BeneathTheStarlight36 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:01 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Falconer wrote:
According to the actual faiths they aren't written by men, but by God. And angels aren't that human. The closest is described as having a human-like body with four faces on their heads and six wings. The cherubim are described as being "great wheels of wings and eyes" and the archangels aren't even described at all; all we know is that their appearance is so terrifying that every human reacts by immediately prostrating themselves, though they CAN disguise themselves as humans for a while.

I know, though I'm not really the type to put my faith in 100% of what is written. Even so I do place my faith 85% for the moral points and lessons that are made in the book and understand why the other 15% is what it is.

plus i was talking about a somewhat-recent account of Heaven that wasn't written in the Bible.

also, (... how vague can i be in this post .. )
don't be so sure about the uncertainty of this potential realm of existence. perhaps, if there is one, it will be revealed to Earth someday. or it may not exist.

I'm sure that the realm will be revealed to Earth someday or is discovered, I'm just uncertain on what in exact this other plain of existence is. Even so I'l 100% sure that once we find out, we will all be speechless out of the sheer shock of what we would find, no matter what this other realm is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:35 am 
Matrix Operator

Well, physics does allude to a total of 15 (?) dimensions, most of which are inaccessible at this moment to us. Maybe one of those holds some answers.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Falconer wrote:
Well, physics does allude to a total of 15 (?) dimensions, most of which are inaccessible at this moment to us. Maybe one of those holds some answers.

More so around 10 than 15 though I think it varies. In any case, maybe they will and maybe they won't. I'm sure that by the end of our life times the questions will be answered.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:16 pm 
Matrix Operator

According to MAJ Samantha Carter on Stargate: SG-1 there are 15, so that is what I am going with. ^-^

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:32 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

physics is pretty subjective anyway because the laws of *physics* don't apply outside of the *physical* plane, and science has determined that the physical universe has a shape and so, boundaries, outside of which physics don't have to apply.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:44 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i no longer stand behind my posts in this thread and no longer consider myself otherkin.

i would rather not explain right now.

for now, let's just say that i perceive the otherkin phenomenon in a different way now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:58 am 
Matrix Operator

Clowns?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:43 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

hm? what about them?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:19 pm 
Matrix Operator

They taste funny.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:40 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i can't say i've ever eaten one!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:12 pm 
Matrix Operator

Why? Afraid of incriminating yourself? :P

On a slightly more serious note, I know this probably has nothing to do with the concept of dragonkin that's being discussed, but if someone were to create a stable genetic hybrid of human and dragon that was 50% each, would its mind be more dragonlike or humanlike?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:53 pm 
Cererean Princess

That would depend on how the genes relating to brain structure worked together (and that will probably be most of them, on some level), which species they grew up in, how the hormones work in their bodies...

Even if you had a sample of Pure Dragon DNA, you'd need to be a superbright at least in order to synthesise a perfect hybrid. Or more ruthless than Dr Mengele, and brute force a solution, perhaps. Nearbaselines could probably achieve some degree of rianthhood, though, fairly easily.

I think humanoid rianths are going to be the extent of modifications for furries and otherkin for at least this century, and quite possibly the next.

I have a few worldbuildings in mind that involve such creatures. One has them as a major part; it's the one that has various fandoms ascending and developing advanced technology, whilst fighting each other (their angelnets eventually merge into what's known as the Source, which can be accessed and used by Mages of all fandoms, whether they be unicorns, psykers, wizards, vampires...). Ahem. The Equestrians are pony rianths mainly, though other rianths are around. Naturally, The Imperium hate them for defiling the human form...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 pm 
Matrix Operator

Damn purists. They ruin all the fun.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:35 am 
Cererean Princess

Indeed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:12 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

*snip*

Last edited by gre on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:44 pm 
Matrix Operator

Dude, we goof around. Relevancy is all relative, anyway.

And a spiritual connection can be as strong as "otherkin" or as mild as an empathic understanding.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:33 am 
Cererean Princess

Well, I believe my soul is half Human, half Dragon. I am kin to both Wyrm and the races of Men.

Offline Profile