Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 am

Post subject: Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:11 am 
Cererean Princess

Has anyone else seen this?

I really liked how they used practical effects and actually lit dark scenes so that you could see what was going on. As Justice Smith (Simon Aumur, sorcerer) talks about here:

Also I love Doric. Especially after reading her prequel novel The Druid's Call. No-one hurt my autistic tiefling druid girl. Bad people, terrible people, stay away. Else she will turn into an Owlbear and go smash. Watching interviews with the cast has also made me fall in love with her actress Sophia Lillis. I want to hang out with her, she sounds and looks really fun, in a dorky geeky nerdy way whatever the phrasing is now. Hang out and watch old fantasy films and such. She's a very relatable person. I suspect there are so many interviews of her with Justice Smith because she's an introvert with social anxiety, and it's easier to get her to speak to someone she's comfortable with (not an interviewer she just met).

The film is pretty funny but not in a meta way or way that is only funny to people who have played the game (I have played like two hours in total, online, with a borrowed character). They make nods to it, some of which I've picked up by osmosis from things like TV Tropes, but it's played well with people who aren't DnD fans. The cast and crew and directors knew what they were there to do and did it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:58 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Good movie! Just watched it on streaming a bit ago.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:44 am 
Cererean Princess

Annoyingly not being released in the UK for DVD/Blueray for another two months. But I got 80s fantasy movies to catch up on anyways. Still haven't finished watching Labyrinth (I saw like the first half hour... 15 years ago). Watched The Dark Crystal a few days ago. And, of course, saw both Willow the film and Willow the series (before the latter got yeeted from D+).

Offline Profile