Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 pm

Post subject: Breaking silence
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:52 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I shall once again break the awkward silence that rest of the members have put in place. In other words: Yer still here?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Breaking silence
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Still here just have had so much going on with college that I barely log on as much as I should...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Shadows on the wall form the words "I too am too busy to log on and my creative fluid is clogged"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:57 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I'm here... checking this site every now and then but other then that.... nothing to post worth posting...

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:56 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Great. I shall now ask the deeply philosophical question: Why are we here? To be more precise, why are we writing text to each other on this forum?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
I'm here, waiting on everyone else :grrrr: everyone hurry up and come back or else :wizard:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

This forum is we make it to be. Nothing else. We are so few and remote that we are the forum. Where are we going? Who is leading? What is our vision? If nobody does anything at all this community will slowly die out. We all so graciously blame real life for not contributing/posting on the forum (me included). The only real problem is your priority of time. This forum is a part of your life. Otherwise you would not be here.

Do we have a goal here? Do we accomplish anything at all by posting here? Is this just a giant waste of time? What is it with this community that makes us so persistent in staying here?

Why are we here?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:41 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Why do not answer my question?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:03 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
The question you pose is one with a very deep meaning to it and because of that it needed thought to truly express my answer.

For myself I am here because I am in love with dragons, when I found a forum dedicated to them I was ecstatic. Shortly after I joined I also found the RP section where I could be a part of adventures throughout the worlds of my friends fantasies. After a while it became a haven to express my ideas without fear of judgement and a place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Thing is... we all need a place where we can relax and unwind from our everyday lives and Sivert is right that this place is what we make of it.

I could blame life (and I have) for not allowing me the time to visit here and contribute but I'm just fooling myself its not life that's stopping me from visiting but my lack of making time to visit and then excusing myself by saying this or that element of my life stopped me from visiting. It won't kill me or even my school work to take even fifteen minutes each day to formulate a post.

I am making a resolution with this post to do just that... I would rather spend 15 minutes of time to contribute than lose this place that I have come to love along with all the friends I have made here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:24 pm 
G.E.E.K.

When I first began, I was a follower of all things draconic. That led me to become friends with many members here. As time passed, I started moving away from dragons, but the friends kept me here. Most of those people are now gone...
I stay in hopes of seeing their return, and in hopes of this place reclaiming the breath of life it once held so long ago.
We need to contact Tempest. I have a way in which we may be able to save this place. But we need him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:39 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
I'm here almost daily. I've just been waiting on all of you to come back. Hurry peoples. I wanna make conversation again

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:33 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

We are a group of people that just happen to randomly find this place. We take it as ours. We have no goal, nor direction. All we want is to have a good time. We are dragon lovers. We have discussed dragons to death. And the only conclusion, is that everyone has their own "dragon" to speak of.

I too have a plan that can make this place alive again, but it will not work as long as we stay like this. We could make something great. But there is no incentive for that. Instead we just ramble about all things dragon and play RPs.

I still question our goal.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:00 pm 
Cererean Princess

Quote:
Instead we just ramble about all things dragon and play RPs.

That *is* our goal... isn't it...? :wink:

I'm on lent, so I only go on forums for half an hour each day and have many forums to go on, but that finishes in a week (I go for a Palm Sunday finish). I'll post more soon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:46 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Wait a minute, you're saying that we're here just to ramble about dragons and play RP's? I think my social understanding of this place is severely lacking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:59 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Hold on, you have an understanding of this place? Well then, I feel terribly far behind, is that a standard possession?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I have a understanding? My own assessment on my communication skills just went through the floor. Can we take this from the begining again?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:46 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

If we are to spend time here, shouldn't we be doing something more than just rambling about all things dragon and play RP's? If the value of what we do here is low wouldn't the incentive to be here be low as well?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 am 
G.E.E.K.

silvert, you fail to realise the importance of RPs and dragons in this place. Those 2 things are what built this place, and what kept it together was the friendship of the members. Most of the people gone from this place can contact eachother in other ways.
Now we all cling to the crumbling remains of this site while its sister grows at an alarming rate. Can we do anything? yes, but not much. Can Tempest raise awareness of this place? yes, if he ever returns.
We have the foundation of the first Golden Age. We need to bring others here and revive this place.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:58 pm 
Cererean Princess

Most of the recent posts here seem to be about the declining number of posts here. That's so... meta.

Off to the Dragon Discussions forum we go, I guess. Though, if you like RP'ing, we can go there as well; maybe I can actually get Morrigoths Shadow going. Or I can think of another RP - do you want Fantasy or Sci-Fi, cause I've got a world for either...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

an RP would be good, I vote scifi so long as it does not involve the characters flying a ship with thousands upon thousands of NPC's

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 am 

alondor wrote:
an RP would be good, I vote scifi so long as it does not involve the characters flying a ship with thousands upon thousands of NPC's

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1996

Offline Profile