Dragon Ruler
Alkaizer
Kilo
Bron
Dragon Fire
The Pearl
Xx_Dragon_Blood_xX
Octane

This is a list of all the accounts that were made but never used. This is a very very VEERY big problem.Tempest, could you freeze the firsat 10 now and the next 10 in a month? and so on and so forth for every 10 non used accounts. I have a feeling this is going to turn the way of the Drawings Section

Last edited by Chalgrish on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:04 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I've posted something like this, but it was more of a call for them to come out from hiding. I don't see what freezing the name would do? Maybe an email to them instead to see if they are going to come back?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:15 am 
Site Admin

Accounts that are not used are not something Microsoft would call a "Critical Security issue". Most of the time, it's a user who plan to post and create an account but found themselves busy elsewhere or that their opportunity to reply something is gone (either someone posted something similar or the topic drifted to something else).

Some of these lurkers probably do read the board but may not feel like participating in forum discussions at this moment. One day, perhaps, some of them will post something, some may not... However, locking down accounts when the board itself is less than 2 months old do not seems to convey a very welcoming message. Also, some may even prefer to just read at first before participating, and if they prefer to do that then I cannot really force anyone to post before they feel like doing so.

I may delete unused account in the future if the post count is zero and if there is a reasonable time (think 6 months at the very least) that has elapsed since the last time they have logged in. Alternatively, I could simply make the "zero post" users to not be shown on the memberlist. Either way, I prefer to play on the safe side than to receive emails from people asking why their account has been deleted.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:25 pm 
British Redcoat

maybe they are busy and cannot curr.find time to sue their accounts

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:31 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I fail to see the problem with this at all, besides the fact that we might have a longer members list then the list of people who actually post. If anything I'm sure just making non-posters invisible on the members list would be alright, though unnessesary. I wouldn't waste too much time thinking about it...

And the smell of a world that has been burned...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:02 pm 
Tightwad

by "freezing" I meant getting the accounts on something else just in case they start to gum up the message board.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:13 pm 
Master Old Dragon

At least half of these people were active on the old boards, so there is no need to freeze them, as they are most likely just hitting a busy spell. That and the other half are very new members, and a few on there have posted before, just only once or twice.

And the only way they would be gumming up the boards would be by running around posting nonsense, spamming, or trolling. Message boards are made to have members and posts, it is the last thing you should be concerned about.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:40 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

a nice prompting email wouldn't hurt though. to see if they intend to participate here.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:44 am 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

I understand that by posting this im ressurecting a dead thread, but I feel its neccesary to say that I, along with a few others on that list have reason to have accounts. There was an old site made by Tempest, on which I would post frequintly, but then something happened (some memory problem or something) and most of the information from the original site was lost. I then lost interest because all of the discussions as well as the RP thread I was involved in were gone with no way of getting them back. I posted a few times here but it was very slow....everyone seemed to feel the same way I did and wouldnt post. But now I see that there are more people, new and old, who have been posting here and making the site worth visiting. I think that I will start posting here again, if that is alright with everyone.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:05 pm 
The Broken One

the more the merrier

Offline Profile