Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

Post subject: A new shoulder
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:54 am 
Legend of Old

OK everyone, I know what you are thinking. "Why is this douche coming back? He is the biggest hypocrite on the forums! He is always telling us that we should be active and post our ideas frequently and yaddah yaddah but he always shows up at random times and then leaves again for months at a time!"

Well I completely agree, and stating that I am a victim of circumstance, though incredibly true, is still very cliche.

Allow me to explain. Sometime in September I crashed my motorcycle. I was cut up pretty bad, but over all I was alright. The biggest problem I had was the ointment application. The roadrash was pretty much a third degree burn and my skin kinda turned into black scales. I got pictures!

Anyway, moving on. I recovered and jumped back on the forums until I had to have shoulder surgery due to intense pain. After many doctor's visits and X-rays (which I am STILL paying off! *sigh*), the problem was identified and a solution was determined. It turns out the surgery I had in 2006 for shoulder reconstruction involved installing a metal anchor in my arm to keep it from dislocation. Well, as the years passed and my career as a United States soldier progressed and my athletic lifestyle and studies in martial arts continued, the artifact became dislodged and embedded into my bone. This caused it to rip all of the cartilage around my shoulder and grate my ball joint down.

The first surgery removed the anchor, but when they cut me open they realized they couldn't fix anything else. My shoulder deteriorated so badly that it was in the condition of an elderly man in his seventies. Awesome right? The next solution: Shoulder replacement.

So Right before Christmas, I had to go through shoulder replacement. It was by far the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I have been through a lot. Ft. Knox, Ft. McCord, and surviving ROTC on a regular basis sucks, but nothing compared to this. The recovery is five months, and I just hit the four week mark. I have a long road of recovery on my hands.

I will spare you the gory details because they are pretty bad, but every day is getting better. I can't really post or do much because I am usually drugged out of my mind. So I apologize for that.

I wanted to let you all know this so I am not thrown to an angry mob when I return to full capacity. I will still do what I can. I love RPING with Law! The Tavern has always been successful, and I miss that too.

Anyway, To the young: I apologize for not being here to witness your talent and your introduction into our fine forum. To the old: I am back, just broken.

Your Guardian,

-Exanderous

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A new shoulder
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 am 
Cyberspace Addict

To be fair, with the exception of Vamp, I can't think of a single person who has been here constantly from when they arrived to the present day. The fact you keep returning and take the trouble to keep us informed is appreciated (and certainly more than I usually accomplish :P)

Anyways, thinking of ya, and get well soon O Master Of Our Domain (or second in command, I suppose Temp ought to have that title really...). O Protector Of Our CyberRealm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:53 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Ouch....... OUch....... OUCh......... OUCH.......

Good to see you back. And you have come just at the right time the board is on one of its "busy" runs. I hope we can bring the board back to life some this time.

Really sucks about the shoulder, and that ordeal had to cost you a bit. Do you have any insurance to at least blunt the hit?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:14 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

If you're still in the military, a lot of that should be covered, I would hope.

Also, post pictures of the gross black scales (Are you turning into a dragon!? O.o).

And also, don't worry about this forum...Get well, then worry about us.

Feel better soon!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 pm 
Godsin Queen

angy mob? bah!

you could run away a thosand times and I think we'd always be thrilled to have ya back.

you just take it easy and get better ok?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:10 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Darn it! I was looking forward to a good mobbing. I've even been working on my angry face and pitchfork waving! :(

Either way, it's nice to have you back. It's sucks for anyone to have to go through something like that, even you. ;) Just kidding. I actually have looked forward to your return (believe it or not). And I am glad that things are getting better for you, even if recovery is slow.

And trust me, hun, you're far from broken. Maybe bionic. But definitely not broken.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:38 pm 
Legend of Old

Hey Vampire. Insurance did cover most of the operation. It took awhile to pay off what they didn't cover. Unfortunately the biggest blow is physical therapy. It is $25 a visit 3 times a week every week for the next four months. Awesome, right?

Ersska: As far as I am aware of, I had no quarrel with you. Judging by your humorous post, it would lead me to believe we had some sort of altercation. It is VERY possible, seeing how I am a douche bag (haha) but I don't recall you ever being on the receiving end of my wrath. Correct me if I am wrong, friend.

Pandora: Thanks for the welcome back. It is good to see familiar faces around here as well.

Marik: That is quite the compliment there. Thank you very much for your kind words.

SITREP: Ouch. This surgery was by far the most painful thing I have ever had to go through. I am trying to go back to school, and I must admit it is a little difficult to navigate the campus when you are partly bionic and still recovering. The healing process is taking hold though, and I am slowly getting better every day. I was able to get back into my Army uniform again, and that made me happy. I should have taken a picture.

I see the board is not in flames all be it being attacked by Russian spammers, but we have brave cyber knights like Vampire to thank for warding off the trolls of the interwebs.

I will be doing my best to come on more often. Half the time I am pretty doped up, which should at least make for some interesting character dialogue, am I right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:40 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Welcome back Ex, may your stay be infinitly times longer and the laughs just as loud

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 am 
Solitary Serpent

We never had a true altercation. But during the whole Secrets of the Lost Core mess, there were a few posts with some underlying tensions exchanged. That was pretty much the last time we've spoken. I didn't know if you would remember or not. Oh well. . .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:34 am 
Master Old Dragon

(This is EXX)

I remember perfectly, but I did not see it anger worthy and or noted conflict type stuff. You can ask around, if I am mad at you, it is VERY apparent and you would be very aware.

You are cool in my book. For now at least. (haha)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:04 am 
Legend of Old

I can't say this recovery has been easy, but I am getting there. My shoulder, being steel, is healing pretty well. I can announce a semi return by stating that I made an OOC thread that you RPers should check out. Let me know what you think.

It's good to be back. Again.

-EXX

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:33 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Welcome back Its nice to hear that your doing.....
Okay I'm not going to say it.... You know what I mean... Because everytime its said you end up getting sick, needing surgery and just end up leaving for a while.... Its a lot like saying break a leg you don't mean for them to break it but you don't want to say the "other thing" because they will just end up breaking that darned leg.

Offline Profile