Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

Post subject: Let's get down to business
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:17 pm 
Legend of Old

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have scoured the forums here and there looking for a popular consensus. Well, I found one. It would appear that some thing the board is on the brink of collapse or in a state of decay. I must correct this illusion and bring a certain... perspective that might shed some light on the situation.

Life tends to intervene on our plans when we least expect it. That is one of the many reasons why it is awesome. We never know what will come next. Take the good in with the bad, and press forward. Now, with that said I Know that many are concerned with the progress of the board. One or two posts a month is certainly disconcerting. I would submit to you that we are just in some down time. Many of us are preparing for school or dealing with real life scenarios such as jobs or medical agendas. Time on the board may be sparse, but I beg you not to be discouraged.

Post freely and optimistically whenever fate decides to cast you free time. The problem is everyone sees only one or two posts are tacked on a thread within the span of weeks, and they often hold their peace and wait to contribute. Unless it is the same poster back to back, this act of regression serves as a cancer to our beloved threads. Post, post, and for the love of god post

And before the lightning of hypocrisy strikes me down, I too will make an effort to mend this broken place. I do not see why my absence has taken its toll on anything, but according to whispers, it has. I aim to fix this.

I am sitting down soon and coming up with a thread I think we all will enjoy. Everyone is invited, as long as you act with civility (according to my standards), but if I agree to do this, there will need to be a post count through the week. Everyone must agree to post at least once every two weeks. I find this to be ridiculously reasonable. This once a month jazz is not really moving my spirit.

I feel like the gift of the written word has left me since I have gotten older. The army did a lot of things to me, but I am still here. I am mostly here for you guys. Do not be afraid to talk to me! If you have an issue or concern, please let me know. I assure you that as an Army Officer, I handle a lot of issues regarding people. Whether you believe it or not, the Army is a people's business. Having a hard time in your life? Send me a message. I will be glad to sit down and chat with you. I get the impression that I scare a few people here. Don't be that guy. I'm really not that bad.

Synopsis: POST, POST, Post. Choose a thread, and post in it as often as time permits. RL comes first, but to hone your talent it takes experience. In order to gain experience, you must simply do. There is no other way around it.

"Know the form, seek the formless." (Sorry, martial arts reference. I had to throw that in there.)

Now.... Hajimimashite.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Let's get down to business
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Well said, old friend.
Bring your Tavern back to life. Draw Fyre and Chal back to this place.

I want everyone to show the "Elder" members that this place has not died. Show them that a new "Golden Age" of Dragnix has come and ìs open to all!

Now let us revive OUR forums!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:12 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
HEAR HEAR!! :D
OFF TO THE BOARDS>>> :computer:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Orb of darkness appears above heads of all people and releases a battle cry that would frighten even the most seasoned fighters. After that the orb floats to the boards

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Well post to keep alive. But don't spam.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 pm 
Cererean Princess

Don't spam? DON'T SPAM?

I'm still waiting for some ideas for how to move my stories along, guys. Check the artworks section, please.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:33 am 
Legend of Old

Vampire, at this point that should be implied. You are correct though, never imply anything. Spamming is a nogo at this station, but I don't think anyone here (with the threat of me looming over their shoulder) will do that now, will they? *evil grin.*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:42 am 
Wandering Dragon

Well said!! You have certainly motivated me. I dont know why I come and go here. I seem to pop in every now and then, make about 3 posts, then leave for 3 or 4 weeks. I will try to be here more often and post more too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:50 pm 
Legend of Old

Hello everyone.

Gasp, I know right? It is I, the awesome guardian that is Exx.

I know I have not shown my face, but that is because the Army dug its eagle talons into me and put me to work, and then I got injured to the point of having very extensive shoulder surgery. I am actually on the recovery bed now.

I am in a lot of pain, so please bare with me.

I hope you are all keeping up the motivation. Post post post! It is what keeps the board alive. I intend to start a few killer stories, one that the board will NEVER forget. It will wrap up a few characters of mine as well, and it will also involve the love of my life, Dragyness (or whatever the devil she is calling herself these days...)

so do not lose the faith, and keep up the postage.

Your extremely medicated Guardian,

-EXX

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:43 am 
Legendary Warrior

Wow, that would be very nice to see the both of you in full action again. Don't rush it though Exx, your health is priority number one! Get well soon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:50 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
May you heal fast, and maintain your health. Then a legend we shall see

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:18 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

get well soon Ex, We all hope to see you here again but more better than in the position you are now.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:37 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
I hope you feel better soon :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:16 am 
Cyberspace Addict

I apologise in advance for this and accept with due repentence the warning that will inevitably result.

RE: The Thread Title:

Sorry. :offtopic: :rooleyes:

Get well soon Ex.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?
You're the saddest bunch I've ever met.

I joined last month and I my post count is already 14, (15 with this post). I've could have done 30 but then I've had a reply for every post on this forum.

Get well Ex.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
I loved how this was both inspiring and hilarious at the same time. I do believe that i started singing that song the moment i read the title.....possibly out loud.

Anyway, bravo for the brilliant speech Ex. I could imagine tens of thousands of warriors raising their spears and cheering at the end of it before charging off to war. Well done. And waves of healing towards you as well.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:40 am 
Legend of Old

Ok. I know you all probably think I am the biggest hypocrite this world has to offer, but I assure you I have not been visiting our beloved forums because I have been in agony since October.

I will explain why in another thread, but I will try to maintain a presence here on the forums that started my writing career. Stay sharp forums, and look for me here.

-EXX

Offline Profile