Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

Post subject: Re: DreamWorks Dragon movie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

I saw this last week. I have to say I was surprised by some of the humour and found myself chuckling at the opening scenes (bearing in mind my sense of humour usually revolves around jokes not suitable for a kids film :lol: ). I don't think I'll be rushing to get the DVD I have to say but it was fairly entertaining and at least I didnt actually regret going to see it.

Having said that I disagree with most of the comments so far about the designs of the dragons. I found Toothless to be far and away the least interesting (design-wise, not in terms of facial expressions etc. which were obviously more developed for a main character) of the dragons. I loved the others, they were a bit silly and a bit caricature-y (?) but that was a good thing because it fit with the tone of the movie and they were fun. The vikings were similarly portrayed and I don't hear anyone complaining about that. And the vikings were real. :lol:

Without wanting to sound like a whiny kid, I do think some of you take the subject a little too seriously when it comes to the technicalities of dragons in movies.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:19 pm 
Godsin Queen

I didn't really get inspired to see this movie from the trailers. Honestly it just looks to me like some horrible attempt to make something to trump the shrek movies, and that reminds me of the horrible attempt to keep the shrek movies going with the one they are currently advertising.

I'd say from what I've seen of it this movie will be at best a second rate comedy geared toward little kids and the parents that will end up having to sit though watching it.

Honestly I will more than likely not bother even watching it, but that doesn't really mean it's a bad movie, just not something I would pay to see.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:20 am 
DragonBullet

i really liked the movie and about the dragon designe think of it this way toothless was made for speed each dragon had it's own characteristics for it's type of abilitys and as for the dumb animal think it most certanly did not portray them as instinct only creatures if you diden't notic toothless had a sens of humer and each dragon the uh...... viking children rode personalitys matched that of the rider(s) my bigest complaint was the amount of fire bursts a dragon can have even tho it put i dif spin on what the movie could have been and they never exsplaind the eal thing that annyoed me so much but i will keep in mind this is a childrens movie

Image black Image vampire! Image nebula Image red

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:04 pm 
Wandering Dragon

I saw it on the net free yesterday. Honestly, when I saw the trailers, I thought it was a load of rubbish, all I remember seeing from them was the vking guys running away from a fat stupid looking dragon, and I thought, its just meant to be hilarious for little kids. But then, about 3 weeks ago, I saw a music video on youtube, entitiled "can we pretend that dragons are shooting stars", the music vid had been made very well with a good song, and I actually had to ask the maker if this was that how to train your dragon film, because I honestly couldnt tell, it was done so well. They told me yes, and I decided to see it, and I loved it! It just goes to show how much the trailers can ruin films before they are even out, and yet a person making an amature music vid for it was the person who got me to wacth it.

Offline Profile