Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 pm

Post subject: Re: Avatar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I agree with her point and there have been a lot of great movies that I hadn't even heard of due to that I don't watch much TV. HOWEVER when I actually DO get to see that there is a great movie that is into my interest (not very hard for Avatar) I am not as patient as I would like LOL.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I can wait patietly for the movie as well. Not to mention that i heard the story line was nocked off of an episode of the original star trek

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

really? what episode? (my dad will be seriously pissed to hear this LOL.. he's a star track fan but doesn’t know it yet LOL)

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:48 am 
Cererean Princess

No, no, no - the guy James Cameron stole the idea from was... Cartman.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:35 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Just got it on DVD and Blueray... I'll have to say it was an amazing movie... After i was done watching it my abdomen felt as if i had been singing for an hour straight and got punched between breaths
It was definitely worth the price to buy it :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:31 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Hua, I don't get it.

Well I may wait for the "special edition" to come out, November of what I have been reading. And then this one with nothing extra on it will drop in price.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:13 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
i meant it in such a way that they did so great a job i was in suspense most of the movie... and yes i actually felt like that after it was over

ok except the punching part that was an over-exaggeration

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:31 pm 
Godsin Queen

Meh, I really don't think it was as great and wonderful as everyone made it out to be, but it was a decent movie and I don't regret watching it.

It's like I've said before, people have been given heaps of crap to watch for years and haven't seen a good movie in so long that it makes the decent ones look amazing.

In all honesty We need more movies like avatar and less of the super hero crap remakes like the dozens of superman and batman remakes that have been made just in the past three years.

I'm sorry you prolly all disagree with me but bat man should just crawl in a corner and die already I'm so sick of movie producers rerolling that same worn out story over and over again, and seeing people fawn over it like it's the best thing since sliced cheese.

Not to mention all the other stupid remakes that should have never happened in the first place because movie producers are too dang lazy to come up with new material. (partly excluding iron man I actually kinda like that one, but only kind)

It's not just super heroes either, I think we all remember the horrid Dr. Seuss movies that have been filling the big screens over the years, and Charlie's chocolate factory. Oh and the newest monstrosity to hit, Alice in wonder land. Most of these either have Jim Carrie or Johny Depp in them for some reason or another. I don't know if that's just some sad qawinky dink or what.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:17 pm 

yeah i agree with you that they really need to come out with more movies that aren't just another rehash of something old

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Not to mention the fact that we are gauranteed at least one more Pirates of the Caribean. This one will apparently not have Will or Elizabeth but will still have Jack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:20 pm 

Forgotten Dragon's Ire wrote:
i meant it in such a way that they did so great a job i was in suspense most of the movie... and yes i actually felt like that after it was over

ok except the punching part that was an over-exaggeration

Ok, the description of a tired stomach like that is what I would give for a really great comedy. I thought you said you were laughing at the movie the whole way through.

Add another sad remake to the list, Real Genius.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:02 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Quote:
I'm sorry you prolly all disagree with me but bat man should just crawl in a corner and die already I'm so sick of movie producers rerolling that same worn out story over and over again, and seeing people fawn over it like it's the best thing since sliced cheese.

While I agree (about batman, personally I think sliced cheese is a really stupid idea), I actually like quite a few of the comic-book movies. Superheroes are the tip of the iceberg as far as these films go. For example, have you seen Constantine? Not a great example but a pretty good comic-book movie not featuring a superhero.

Also I would like to take this oppurtunity to warn everyone away from watching that Soloman Kane movie - unless you are looking for a good laugh.

Quote:
Ok, the description of a tired stomach like that is what I would give for a really great comedy. I thought you said you were laughing at the movie the whole way through.

I think he was trying to describe how breathless he felt, rather than a particular overuse of his stomach. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:13 pm 

Running or working out may have been a better metaphor. But I do get it now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 pm 

yeah wasn't thinking right when i wrote that... i could have described it so much better :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 am 
DragonBullet

i agrre about the super hero movies their getting old fastbut once in a odd amount of time we sometimes get an ok one (and i too with bat man would crawlinto a corner and die) any ways about the avatar movie i thogh it was great fantastic not so mutch the story line it was realy good but i've seen it in other movies too.... but what really got me was the graphic for computer generated graphics of that level i have honestly never seen befour well exept maby the hulk but thats ify that was one or two things this is a whole new world (oh about the super hero moveis i think they should follow the planet hulk book and the world war hulk those would be interesting if you have read the comic i think you might agree..

Image black Image vampire! Image nebula Image red

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:19 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
So, Avatar was amazing...not gonna lie, i got to watch it instead of going to classes, it was great. But it is pretty much Pochahontas...again, not gonna lie...place that above last comment if it doesnt work with your mind's order. I liked how they "plugged in" that and their blueness and 3D wonder kept me enthralled, not to mention that I want a banshee...

On remakes....i dont know, sometime's they're good and sometimes they're not. I just dont think they should send so many out in a small time frame...I mean, how many have come into existence in the past two years? ANd how many are scheduled to come out within the next few? That's my big problem.

Oh gosh, I was just serious...what has happened to me?!?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:21 am 
Wandering Dragon

I tought the film was awesome! I couldnt wait for it to come out so I bravely decided to get the game first. The game, (on 360), seemed to have been quiet rushed, there was a lot of glithes, like once, I had my Ikran (Banshee) land , and then another one landed on top of it, so it looked like it had two heads, and they were stuck together, really funny, then I flew through a rock an got stuck, lol. lots of glithces like that happened, but it was a fun game. GOt the film recently, and I loved it, I t was a shame there were no special features with the making of on the dvd, but still, well worth it. I cried at one point, the scene in particular when one of the horses were runing past on fire, that was terrible. I loved the themes they used, the whole film was just typical of us humans, "hey its just a tree, they will move", all for some rocks... I thought it was a shame that Michelle Rodriguez and Sigourney Weaver, two of my favourite actors, had to die.

I am not sure about the sequel thats supposedly coming, they will need a very good story line for it not to be bad.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:57 am 
DragonBullet

yea i was sadend by the no speical fetures but oh well it was pretty close to a 3 hour movie or better so that can be over looked lol
zerince wrote:
planet hulk
ok yes it was a comic and it was awsom i saw the movie they mad of it and it was awful for a comic book movie and the replaced one of the characters so it was disappointing

Image black Image vampire! Image nebula Image red

Offline Profile