Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:19 am

Post subject: To Serenity, Elysian and Tourniquet And maybe a few more.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:06 pm 
Master of the Elements

Ok, I want to ask you 3, for a favor. See, at this other RP board, I'm holding a tournament for the fighters. And I needed a few judges. I was wondering if you 3 would be interested or not. I can give you a link to the Topic if you want to see it over before you decide.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:52 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Why not give us a link first? It would be helpful in deciding.

And the smell of a world that has been burned...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: heres the link.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:12 pm 
Master of the Elements

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Anime_High_School/index.php?showtopic=8996 There's the link

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:24 pm 
Master Old Dragon

In order to view it, I would have to make an account there. Is there any way you could just copy the post(s) here?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: oh sorry
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:40 pm 
Master of the Elements

oh, sorry about that. Yeah, I'll find the important ones and post them.

alright, why not see who is the best fighter at AHS? Even though most people would pick one person to say that he or she is the best, I thought, well hey, why not just have a tournament.

Now this tournament isn't just going to be all about power. I mean, you gotta be creative with your writing people!

I don't know, It's probably gonna be a bracket style tournament, so I wanna see if I can get enough, if not I might make it like single elimation or double, I don't know yet, it all depends on who all joins.

Now, all or any that are interested, there are a few limitations. One character per person. And the people might be separated into groups by how long that they have been here.

So, people, start coming on in, and signing up if you wish!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's a thought. don't just make it a fighting tournament. make it a true event. let's have some pre-tournament interviews with the characters that will be put on video and then the footage will be played on TV on campus. those are called promos. they are promoting themselves to the public, in this case, the student body of AHS. they say what they think of the tournament and whoever it is they have to fight first or who they might have to fight later on. the things they have done and will do to get prepared for it. and the things they might try to do in order to obtain a win if they care to discuss that sort of thing. there's realism in that and it make things more interesting. you see the same thing with fights held on pay-per-view. someone might even say something that hits a nerve on someone else and the fight goes beyond just a sporting event, it gets personal. people like to see stuff like that. it makes things get hyped up. there are PLENTY of fighter characters at AHS, and yeah several of them have attitude problems that would make this extremely interesting. so I dunno why anyone else is signing up for this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. E can interview them! Good idea, eh? It might turn into a blatent trash talking contest depending on who's involved. personally, my character Rastin, certainly isn't a bad guy so he won't talk trash about someone. But he's not a "yes" person either, so he won't kiss ass and try to get on someone's good side. I have a general idea of what his promo will consist of. He's going to talk about whatever is on his mind concerning himself and the others in the tournament in an intelligent manner...a character might not like what he has to say...we'll have to see.

If we're going to do that, we need to have 2 interview sessions to get the most out of it. The first one takes place when the fighters in the tournament are decided, and another one on the day before the tournament after all of the training and preperation is over with. The second one would be the same as a weigh-in. You see live footage of this with a big press conference the day before boxing, kickboxing, and no-holds-barred pay-per-view events. Fighters are weighed (I know this is an open weight tournament, but it makes things more realistic) and then they give their pre-fight comments over a microphone in public in front of the students, maybe even a response to something someone else said...heh heh. the good (bad...?) part is that everyone is there so they all get to actually see each other. this has resulted in major tension in real events...often leading to security having to hold people back from each other.

we're gonna need an even number of people. At least 8. that makes 4 first round fights, which breaks down into 2 semi-final fights, and 1 final fight. If it's more than 8 but less than 16, someone's going to get what is called a "bye". Their road to the finals will be a round shorter. but let's hope we can get 16 roleplayers for a big and solid tournament devoid of controversy. I kinda hate it when byes happen in real tournaments. Unless someone had an easy fight, they might be more tired and hurt than the other guy.

there are other things to make this even more exciting. hey, who's the referee gonna be? what about friends in the fighter's corner while they're in the ring or wherever? will it be a ring...or a metal cage? and, man, what are the rules gonna be, cause we're not dealing with normal people here! ...sorry, for all the questions, I am a fanatic of fighting sports in real life. It's what I am watching 90% of the time. So yeah, I'm gonna be excited about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, Rastin, I'm liking all of your ideas. We should talk about the rules and set-up over PM, you can be the um...."Co-Manager" of this tournament, as you seem to know ALOT about this, so yeah. Also, I want to get as many people as I can, I mean, if we end up with a 3 way final round, that would probably be pretty cool as well, but only if it ends up that way.

So far, the roster of people are:

Zoan Necro-Zoanrevived
Illidan-medivh214
Jake-Lord Massacre
Raine-Xain1
Rastin Karakul-Rastin Karakul
Arata-Diluted Emotions
Michael-Toriad
Greg Green-Willhelm the Werewolf
Jessica-Frostangel4eva14
Kaz of Progatha-Shadow Dragon 24
James or Cypher-Deathscythe Zero
Ronin-Chrono89
Sage-Neo Valreign
Fait-Con
Goruma/ Goruza-kamen_raida
Johnny-The Franchise
Loire Hellsing-Darksong
kuro niyoka-cheetahspencer
Andrew-Abondon XXX

Ok, so that's 19 there.
We want as many as possible.

Ok, here is the first set of rules that there will be. Any questions, then ask them.

1.)No shot's to the Groin area

2.)No Eye Gouging

3.) No Biting, Pulling Hair, or Pinching

4.) Can only win by KO (Knock Out) or TO (Tap Out). If need-be, Me and Rastin will judge the posts based on certian criteria.

5.) The Usual RP rules apply (if you dont know them, then you don't deserve to RP ANYWHERE!)

6.) If anything seems unfair to your oppenent, (a successful attack used continuously (like continuous energy blasts, etc)), you will be warned. 2 warnings and you will disqualified. *see note*

7.) Weapons and Armor (if worn) must be pre-approved before each match.

*note* This is rule is still being worked with. We are planing on only letting so many energy attacks be used per person in a match. Also, this rule is quite broad at the current time.

Also. Currently, we have 17 People. Now, I'm going to need 1 more, atleast, to make this Tournmanet work correctly. If it comes to it, The last person that joined will be booted, (sorry). Then, if we get 18, were going to shoot for 24. If not, then, I don't know. I'm going to try to work it so we can have as many as possible.

there's still some more, but I'll add to it later...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to protest these rules on the grounds that they're retarded. Let me go through and show you exactly how, with each one.

1) No shots to the groin area. OK, as disgusting as it may be, why the hell did you make this a rule? No one would have thought of it anyway, save for Ryu, who used that move to beat up a main SL villain way back when.

2) No eye gouging. This isn't UFC. We have SUPERPOWERS. If I feel so inclined to mess with someone's eyes, shouldn't I be able to? It's a perfectly legal vulnerability, no?

3) No hair pulling or biting. Ok, that's just weird. See my rationale for numbers 2 and 1.

4) Can only win by a KO or a TO. Perhaps the only salvageable rule on this list.

5) All normal RP rules apply. Well, that's good. At least you won't have anything that could restrict my RPing in any way it isn't normally...

6) If anything seems unfair to your oppenent, (a successful attack used continuously (like continuous energy blasts, etc)), you will be warned. 2 warnings and you will disqualified. *see note* *note* This is rule is still being worked with. We are planing on only letting so many energy attacks be used per person in a match. ....And forget what I just said in number 5. DING DING DING, we have ourselves a winner for the 2005 Most Retarded Rule of the Year award. I'm going to rant at length about this rule more than the others, due to its sheer scale of retardity.
Let me get this straight. If an attack is WORKING against your opponent, we have to restrict its usage? As in, an attack that HELPS US WIN, which is the OBJECTIVE OF THE TOURNAMENT, is seen by your opponent, the person on the receiving end of it, as unfair, we can't use it? My god...even Stalin had the sense to let his generals use whatever was necessary to win. Listen to this rule, and tell me with a straight face that this rule does not exemplify sheer dumbassery at its finest as we know it.
Restricting energy attack usage? Here's a newsflash: EVERYONE USES THEM. If you don't have a way to attack at range the way other people do, that's your problem, now isn't it? Why should people have to suffer in terms of their efficiency just because you saw fit to restrict usage of "unfair" attacks, something that is completely relative and depends on human judgement, the most fallible and unreliable thing in the known universe.
If this rule was a race of people, I would embrace its genocide.

7) Weapons and Armor (if worn) must be pre-approved before each match. This one's rich, too. Well, you've just killed the chances many weapons-based fighters like Illidan or Johnny might have in this tournament. Especially Johnny, since he's armed so well that he could be his own NRA chapter.

That's my take on it. I know I used offensive language, and I feel no compunction for it whatsoever. My mind is spoken, just like it should be, and I'll bet that people agree with what I have to say. You haven't used one important tool to write these rules: common sense.

Thank you.

Oh, and let it be known that I am more than willing to write up a decent set of rules for this tournament. I'm not just talk, I actually have ideas of how things SHOULD be done better than this set of rules. I hope this set of rules comes in two-ply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey. Before I start to make comments, I'd like to say that Zoan and I were working on this together because he needed help. It's still his tournament but I threw my 2-cents in so he could have some more ideas to work with. So everything in the tournamant so far isn't exactly Zoan's work. Around 60% of it is, the rest was added by me.

Alright. Let me comment on a few things. Actually, Zoan, we need 16 people for a tournament. 8 at the least. Another 8, that's 16, another 8, 24...which would wind up being that crazy 3-way fight for the finals that you told me about. Any extras between 16 and 24 should probably just be regular 1-on-1 fights positioned in between the tournament fights. But the number of fighters in the tournament still need to be an even number. That way, nobody just gets left out...well...unless they're an odd numbered fighter (the most recent one that tried to sign up in this thread) and nobody else wants to sign up for the tournament so they can be their opponent.

Ok...DZ. Like I said, I gave Zoan some ideas to work with. The reason I suggested some of those rules and let Zoan pick and choose is because this is a fighting tournament, so we should have as much fighting as possible. Fighting as in using your fists. Also, this is a school and these are teenagers, regardless of wether or not they have powers. So maybe it should be more like a fighting sport held in real life instead of something insane like the Mortal Kombat tournament. Nobody's out to critically injure someone or permanently disfigure them. I dunno, maybe I watch and train too much when it comes to the "UFC" fighting sport. When I think about a real fight, outside of a life-or-death fight, that's what I think about. I can't help it. I also didn't bother to mention the other rules for "UFC" style stuff because things should be simple. Despite what it looks like, there are a lot of them. The government forced this because someone might die, and it's still banned in over half of the states in the USA. The earliest mixed/freestyle fights held before the UFC, in places like Brazil (or even farther back in ancient Greece), had only two rules that I can remember. No eye gouging and no biting. I thought maybe the no groin shot rule might be a good idea to make the fight last longer, because you know that shit hurts, and it can effect the guys, but not the girls, so that evens things out. Abadon/Andrew asked why would anyone bite, eye gouge, pull hair, or kick someone in the nuts when they have special powers...........because it works. I don't give a damn how good your fireball technique is, if I kick you in the nutz or put my thumb in your eye socket (damaging your vision for life in the process), your chances of winning just got REAL low. The part about the energy attacks and the weapons, especially bullet and swords, kinda goes back to the idea about trying to get everyone to fight hand-to-hand as much as possible but also allowing usage of their powers. But, like Zoan said, we kinda left that up in the air for now. Personally, I wouldn't care if there weren't any rules at all. My character has no weapons or ranged attacks, but he can deal with that sort of thing regardless. You'll just see a lot of defense and extremely crude and painful sounding material in my posts. And no, Zoan, I will not judge the posts. I am participating in the tournament, so I will not judge. I would be biased towards someone for one reason or another, and I do not want to do that. A roleplaying site that was all about fighting went from having alot of members to only having about 8 people because the owner was also roleplaying and telling people what they can and can't do. He became obsessed with it, and apparently seemed to lose his mind and turn his back on people that said he needs to change what he's doing. He was the leader in his little gang of "internet warrior" thugs and they gave everyone else a hard time. He even threatened to beat up this girl, for real...like find her and beat her. The guy was my friend, but we're sure as hell not friends anymore....yeah. So, I'm only going to assist you in getting the ball rolling. I just want everyone to understand that. and DZ, I don't have a problem with what you just said. You spoke your mind, and we need to know what you and the others are thinking so this tournament can happen.

oh yeah, Zoan said "no pinching"! So that rule is his idea! I didn't even think about that!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok. Well, actually, I got what I wanted from posting those rules. I wanted to see what you guys would say to them.

I know that the first 3 may seem stupid. But hey, this tournament was open to everyone, not just the meta-humans/Zombies/etc. But also the plain Humans. Even if no human's join, I'm still putting that. I mean, I'm not insulting any of you guys's intellegence. I want to put the common sense things there, just so I won't see it be used in the tournament. And I know, No one at this board would do that, but hey, you never know.

About #6. Ok, The reason why I made this rule, was b/c I wanted these fights to be fair. Ok, I don't want someone blasting his/her opponent to a KO. B/c that would just ruin the fight entirely. I see it this way. Someone using a move continuously, is a way of cheating. B/C it's not giving the opponent to counter, or strike back. I don't want these fights finished in 2 or 3 posts at the most. I want them to be good, decent sized fights.

About #7. Did I ever say that All weapon's and armor is going to be illegal? NO. exactly. None of you know what it would take for me to prohibit the use of a certain weapon. Like I mentioned, I don't want theses fights to be finished quickly. And I'm realizing that dragged on fights is what kills these tournaments, I'm still debating on how I'm going to work that out, but I'm having a few ideas. Alot of the weapons and armor that I'm seeing in the people's profiles, will be accepted. When I see something that I dis-approve of, I'll tell ya. And I'll also give some kind of option so you could still use a weapon or a piece of armor. Like limiting it's abilities, if any.

DZ: You can PM me the rules that you have, and I'll pick and choose the ones that I seem suitable.

About Judging: Since I want to be participating in this tornament as well, I'm going to have 2 or 3 people that isn't participating, perhaps I'll have friends from other RP boards to come in, and make an account, just for this tournament, to act as judges. I have a few people in mind.

If you have more to say, |please| post. I enjoy knowing what you people have to say. It's what helps this tournament become better.

Ok, now not all of these posts were made by me. There's 2 by someone who was criticizing my rule list. And then 2 or 3 by my "Co-Manager."

Now I know that you people at the Battle Arena decide who wins by using certian Criteria. Now that is something that I was looking for. And since I don't know it, I figured that you people would. Also, having people from another board may help out a bit, b/c you don't know of these people, and the such. But if you were to decide to become judges, I can talk to the Administrator about making some kind of Temporary Accounts, or something of the sort. But I'm not sure yet. Also, this board is a bit stricker than this one. They have certian locked powers, and locked Races, and such. It's alittle different than The High Council.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:18 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I'll look over this and decide as soon as I can, okay? :-)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:22 pm 
Master of the Elements

Yeah, sure that's fine. If you, or either of the other 2 can't do it, then I'll just have to find other people. I thought of you 3 first, that's why I came here before my other boards.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:54 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I'm interested so far, but I need to look into it as well before deciding. What's our time frame?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: time frame?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:18 pm 
What do you mean by Time Frame? If you talking about when the tournament will start, we are hoping for September 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:23 pm 
Tightwad

*eye twitches* Jebus, thats a lot of words....I'll help in case you fall short one judge. If you don't I'm still gonna be watching the match.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Watching the match
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:49 pm 
Chalgrish, the only way that you could watch the match was if you were a member with atleast 15 mosts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:31 pm 
Tightwad

Fire and brimstone!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: yeah
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:34 pm 
So...have you guys decided yet or not?

Post subject: HELLO!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:10 pm 
Master of the Elements

HELLO?! Is anyone there? I'm going to need an answer here soon. Early September I'm planning on starting the Tournament...And I need to be knowing if you guys will be judges or not.

Offline Profile